Another outlet question on the Fortuna

louigi

:o Sorry for another electrical outlet question. I have looked at previous posts but did not see this.

Are there outlets by (or near) the beds? My husband has a CPAP machine for his sleep apnea that we definately will need plugged in--near the bed of course! haha :D

I have read on some previous posts that some people have brought an extention cord with this. We may have to do this--if they are allowed...

Also, are you allowed to use an outlet extender that will extend the outlet to three plugs?

Thanks so much for all of your info! :cool: You are all a great source of information! I am so glad I found this site!

:)

:o Sorry for another electrical outlet question. I have looked at previous posts but did not see this.

Are there outlets by (or near) the beds? My husband has a CPAP machine for his sleep apnea that we definately will need plugged in--near the bed of course! haha :D

I have read on some previous posts that some people have brought an extention cord with this. We may have to do this--if they are allowed...

Also, are you allowed to use an outlet extender that will extend the outlet to three plugs?

Thanks so much for all of your info! :cool: You are all a great source of information! I am so glad I found this site!

The regular outlet is not near the bed. However, our butler got us the european adapter so my husband could plug in his CPAP by the bed (the plug is near to the floor at the head of the bed) They seem to frown on extension cords and power bars (seem to look at them as a fire hazzard, altho we have always used them on Carnival without a problem)

With regards to the extension outlets for 3 plugs, it depends for what you want to use them for, i.e. Irons of any kind are not allowed.

Ron

Thanks for the info!

No irons for me! Unless it is a curling iron! :D

Being a hot-natured girl (unfortunately), I need extra plug so I can have my fan blowing on my while I am curling my hair and getting ready........ sigh...:(

Thanks again!

I was using both, extention cord and extention outlet for 3 plugs on Fortuna over New Years without any problems. Was charging cell phone, ipod and camera battery all at the same time. It was out in an open and our steward never told me not to use it.

I was using both, extention cord and extention outlet for 3 plugs on Fortuna over New Years without any problems. Was charging cell phone, ipod and camera battery all at the same time. It was out in an open and our steward never told me not to use it.

That came from our butler or steward (and might have been mentioned in the book in the cabin.) Anyway, they said Costa frowned on using ext cords and power bars b/c safety hazzard so got us an extra adapter/converter so we wouldnt have to use it. I wonder if it has to do with it being based in Europe as opposed to Carnival ships . I do know that we had no problems on carnival ships

Hi Just got back from Fortuna today....we were on the 10th floor, ONLY ONE ELECTRICAL OUTLET TO USE IN THE ROOM. bring a 3 way plug....extension cord....whatever you need.

It seems that some rooms have one plug and others have two oro more based on these last few posts. My biggest concern is what kind of plugs are they, I wil be bringing an extension cord and a power bar but what type of outlets are they, american style or european style?

It seems that some rooms have one plug and others have two oro more based on these last few posts. My biggest concern is what kind of plugs are they, I wil be bringing an extension cord and a power bar but what type of outlets are they, american style or european style?

One american in the room, the rest were european (razor only outlet in bathroom) European converters would be a good idea

Archived