Cruise excursions in St. Thomas, Tortola and Samana

hawkshoe

Anyone take any of the ships shore excursions in any of these ports. If so could you share your experiences.

Which ones? There are dozens of ships excursions at these stops. You might get better results on the ports of call boards.

Anyone take any of the ships shore excursions in any of these ports. If so could you share your experiences.

Yes, we did NCL excursions on all three. In Samana, did the Cayo Levantado excursion; Tortola, we did the Baths on Virgin Gorda. St Thomas, did the St John's beach escape to Trunk Bay. It was beautiful!

When we docked in Tortola we took the ship excursion to the Virgin Gorda Baths. It was a great time and we look forward to going again this year.

Magen's Bay in St. Thomas is also nice. It is easy to do this on your own and I would not waste your money booking through the ship. There will be plenty of Air Buses at the pier to take you there for less money and you will get there quicker.

We also have gone over to St. John and liked Trunk Bay.

We will be going to Samana for the first time this year.

Yes, we did NCL excursions on all three. In Samana, did the Cayo Levantado excursion; Tortola, we did the Baths on Virgin Gorda. St Thomas, did the St John's beach escape to Trunk Bay. It was beautiful!

These are the excursions I was interested in. My boys and hubby are interested in others as well. Could you give me some more detail and if you thought each excursion was worth it. Did you have enough time for each. I was thinking I would want more time on St. Johns and maybe it would be better to head over on our own (our ship is in port until 1am so we shouldn't have a problem getting back in time).

Cayo Levantado, I would probably pass on, honestly. Tortola, the Baths were worth seeing once; I wouldn't go back again. Trunk Bay was beautiful. Crescent moon shaped, pure sand, no shells or flotsam, just pure sand... not too crowded. The water was lovely. Someone said that National Geographic voted it the second lovliest beach in the world! I'd do it again. I've heard Megan's Bay is lovely as well.

Archived