Destiny vs. Triumph

PreciousJewel

Hello all!!!

I cruised on the Triumph last year and had a wonderful time. It was my first cruise and I travelled with 26 friends and family members...most of whom are seasoned cruisers. This year we are cruising on the Destiny and I've read just about every review on this site. I'm a little concerned because of the age of the Destiny but my group picked this one mainly because of the itinerary. There are a bunch of reviews on here from people that say they'd never sail Destiny again because of the wear and tear, smells and the like. Now before I cruised on Triumph, I had the same concerns, but when I got on board (and it could have possibly been because I was just so excited because it was my first) I didn't have many complaints. A few...but not many. I sailed in an inside cabin on the Triumph and I'm booked for a balcony on the Destiny.

I was wondering if there are any members here who have cruised on both ships within the last 1-2 years and can offer any comfort, lol.

Any ship pictures would be GREATLY appreciated.

There are a bunch of reviews on here from people that say they'd never sail Destiny again because of the wear and tear, smells and the like. Now before I cruised on Triumph, I had the same concerns, but when I got on board (and it could have possibly been because I was just so excited because it was my first) I didn't have many complaints. A few...but not many. I sailed in an inside cabin on the Triumph and I'm booked for a balcony on the Destiny.

I have not done Triumph, but I am posting a set of reviews of my Dec.9-16/2007 trip and I hope to show all the warts that Destiny has, and there are many.

But you know what? If you are on the cruise to enjoy yourself there is not a single show-stopper. More important, you are way too busy on each island to care about the ship, dinner and bed is what you want - Then there is a new island outside your balcony the next time you wake up! Just enjoy yourself!

We just sailed Destiny on 12/30. I did not see any major flaws that would have ruined my vacation at all. The ship was still cleaner than my house after 3 kids have been running rampant! lol No funky smells either except for the one night walking back to our cabin and someone was having a pot party or something in their cabin. The smell wandered out in the hallway.

I have a link to my pics from our cruise posted in my review, which is linked in my signature. The review will tell about the "burps" we encountered which weren't deal breakers to me. I'm not a high maintenance, hard to please person and I didn't go looking for trouble so to speak either!

Good luck with your decision!

I've done both, you've nothing to worry about.

The Destiny is only a couple of years older then the Triumph so no biggy.

Actually after being on the Triumph and a couple of Conquest class ships it was kind of interesting sailing on what was basically the prototype for all the rest.

Thank you all for your replies!!! I'm only one in a number of people and I probably would have not picked this ship if I had the first say-so. Only because I would want that's been refurbed recently and I think the last time Destiny was refurbed was in 2005, but it's great to know others had fun.

I'm not high-maintenance either, but I was concerned about ventilation issues, malfunctioning elevators and pools, strange smells and the like. As long as the ship is CLEAN and in working order I don't think I'd have a problem.

Any others??

Thank you all for your replies!!! I'm only one in a number of people and I probably would have not picked this ship if I had the first say-so. Only because I would want that's been refurbed recently and I think the last time Destiny was refurbed was in 2005, but it's great to know others had fun.

I'm not high-maintenance either, but I was concerned about ventilation issues, malfunctioning elevators and pools, strange smells and the like. As long as the ship is CLEAN and in working order I don't think I'd have a problem.

Any others??

You should be good to go then! :D Even the best ships out there can have malfunctions or maintenance issues at times. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

I've never sailed the Triumph but we sailed the Destiny this past March. We've been on the Paradise (hated it) and 2 with RCCL. We LOVED the Destiny! Yes she is older but you really can't tell unless you're going around looking for those things and with an itinerary as port intensive as this one, who will have time to look for that stuff? There were never any problems with the elevators or the pools, no funky smells etc during our trip. We are actually sailing her again this March! You'll have fun; it's all what you make it!

Archived