Jewel back-to-back versus Spirit 10 or 11 day cruises 2006 fall

cliffd64

OK all:

Here's our quandry:

We would like to take a lengthier cruise in 2006 fall to the caribbean, either on the new Jewel out of Miami (back to back itineraries) or from New York on the Spirit for either the 10 or 11 day cruise.

The variables are: If we leave from New York, no airfare is required..., however we would need air to Miami for the Jewel.

We would see more ports and see both Western AND Eastern caribbean on the dual Jewel itineraries, but the cost would be less on the Spirit since it is only ONE cruise as opposed to two.

Anybody have opinions on which one they would choose?

14 days is always better then 10 :)

If you have the time I might opt for the Jewel. One reason is the number of interestining upgrade options if you want to try and work the re-accomadations game. IF I am going to spen 14 days on a ship it would be nice to have at least a mini. Very few upgade options on the Spirit.

Not having to fly removes 2 days of stress from your vacation a plus for the Star.

More resturants and dining options on the Jewel.

No need to change cabins or reboard and no repeat of the same menus and shows on the Spirit

I would plan out both trips and if I could get a great deal on air and al else was equal ($ per day) I would give the Jewel a try.

That said I already booked the Dawn of an 11 day Western in 06 so don't listen to me. I just couldn't push the time off to 14 days and never considered the Jewel.

Archived