For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Yay for me!

My docs FINALLY arrived for my 2/24/08 B2B cruise on the AOS!!!

Doin' the doc dance in my office!!!!

animpequins.gif

Congrats! I just made my final payment on my April cruise. Can't wait til I can do the doc dance. :D

Hi shonandsuzie, we have corner aft (1388) for our cruise in July! :) We originally didn't book this because it was taken as well. I called back awhile later to see if the cabin next door was available - it wasn't - but was told that this one (1388) was. ;) So I took it since I hear A LOT about aft cabins. We have never done a B2B cruise, but hope to some day.

That cabin is a lot bigger than ours right? I was trying to see side by side photos of them but haven't found both. We've been wanting to do a back to back since our second cruise. fINALLY!

That cabin is a lot bigger than ours right? I was trying to see side by side photos of them but haven't found both. We've been wanting to do a back to back since our second cruise. fINALLY!

Guaranteed, without a doubt...you will love doing a B2B, and all future 7 night cruises will seem WAY too short!!!! :D

Well... your cabin is longer and ours is wider. We have a D1, 188 sq. ft. with 50 sq. ft. for a balcony. What cat. is yours? I had to go back and forth between pages (on RCCL site) so I didn't see side by side photos either.

Hi everyone - I just returned from a WONDERFUL cruise on AOS. There was no sickness on board! Wipes were given out all over the place - and whether or not they work, everyone used them. The ship was very clean and well maintained. There were at least 100 Quincera girls and their families and we had no trouble at all. They were not rude or ill-mannered. I understand that some people were a little miffed at the noise on deck 6 and 7 where most of the girls and their families were, but near my cabin on deck 10 I never saw them. There was lobster in the fisherman's plate on Friday night. There was lobster in Portofinos.

All in all a terrific time. Don't be afraid . ...

Happy cruising!

Paula

Just wanted to say thanks for having this thread, it is nice to hear something positive for once. I'll be traveling in April on AOS and excursion question, sorry for posting it here but no one would respond anywhere else. Has anyone taken the St. Johns beach tour to trunk bay? Does the cruise hire their own ferry and does it take you directly to the beach? I have been to trunk bay, not on a cruise and have seen the masses take over the beach.. was just wondering how RCi does it.

Hi everyone - I just returned from a WONDERFUL cruise on AOS. There was no sickness on board! Wipes were given out all over the place - and whether or not they work, everyone used them. The ship was very clean and well maintained. There were at least 100 Quincera girls and their families and we had no trouble at all. They were not rude or ill-mannered. I understand that some people were a little miffed at the noise on deck 6 and 7 where most of the girls and their families were, but near my cabin on deck 10 I never saw them. There was lobster in the fisherman's plate on Friday night. There was lobster in Portofinos.

Happy cruising!

Paula

How noisy was it on deck 7? We're in 7662 on the 2/3/08 sailing.

Melissa,

You really don't need an excursion to take you to Trunk Bay. My DH, parents and I did it on our own. We got off the boat, took a cab to Red Hook ($10 pp), took the ferry to St. John ($5 one way) and another cab to Trunk Bay ($6 pp). It's $4 I think to access the beach and facilities. It was not crowded the day we were there and we got there early (around 10 am and we would have been their earlier if we all got our acts together quicker!). On the way home we caught the ferry straight to Charlotte Amalie ($10 one way) - this will take you straight to town not where the ship docks. It's a $4pp cab ride to the ship - you might be able to walk. All the transportation adds up but I still think it's cheaper than any excursion and you don't have to be limited to their times.

I was there this past Saturday. Weather was not great - kind of rainy(perfect the rest of the cruise). St. John was beautiful and well worth it, we stayed at the beach for a couple of hours and snorkeled a little and then left around 1:30 (due to the weather) and had lunch in Cruz Bay.

-Jen

We were on deck 8 (8352 and 8358) and had no noise issues at all. Our hall was probably slplit with those from mainland US, PR and there were a lot of Canadians (especially french) on board as wel.

There were alot of teens on board but nothing extraordinary, I think mostly for the Quinces but by far much much less children than the other two cruises I've been on. In general the whole trip was alot of fun and very peaceful. Then again we spent most of our time in the Solarium or the Cigar Lounge where most 15/16 year olds typically don't hang out.

Melissa,

You really don't need an excursion to take you to Trunk Bay. My DH, parents and I did it on our own. We got off the boat, took a cab to Red Hook ($10 pp), took the ferry to St. John ($5 one way) and another cab to Trunk Bay ($6 pp). It's $4 I think to access the beach and facilities. It was not crowded the day we were there and we got there early (around 10 am and we would have been their earlier if we all got our acts together quicker!). On the way home we caught the ferry straight to Charlotte Amalie ($10 one way) - this will take you straight to town not where the ship docks. It's a $4pp cab ride to the ship - you might be able to walk. All the transportation adds up but I still think it's cheaper than any excursion and you don't have to be limited to their times.

I was there this past Saturday. Weather was not great - kind of rainy(perfect the rest of the cruise). St. John was beautiful and well worth it, we stayed at the beach for a couple of hours and snorkeled a little and then left around 1:30 (due to the weather) and had lunch in Cruz Bay.

-Jen

Thanks for the info, I stayed in St. Johns for a week last year so I am comforable once I get to St. Johns but just worried about that ferry.

Happy cruising!

Paula

Paula - so glad to hear you had a great cruise on the AOS! I know many people are aprehensive about the Quincinera cruises - so it is good to know that overall you did not find it disruptive :)

Looks as if lobster still lives on! :D

Any compasses from those that just returned?

Also - did you leave at 8:30 like most people are posting? My itinerary in March still says 10pm but it seems like they just haven't updated it yet.

Thanks!

I am also glad to hear lobster is still around!:D

Any compasses from those that just returned?

Also - did you leave at 8:30 like most people are posting? My itinerary in March still says 10pm but it seems like they just haven't updated it yet.

Thanks!

I am also glad to hear lobster is still around!:D

The AOS departure time is 8:30pm now. My docs arrived today (yay me!) but they are at home and I won't let my DH open them til I get home from the office! I will check the departure time listed on the docs and post here later!

We left at 8:30 - we were actually in the end of dinner (1st seating started 6:30) when we started moving so I think it was on time if not a little early. Last Feb we left at 10 (had second seating and remember the ship moving during it). Didn't realize this was a formal change I thought it had to do with the time of year or something.

I have some Compasses from last week - email me if you are looking for anything in particular. jltnova@hotmail.com

For the first time we were "active" cruisers - alot of "firsts" for our third cruise!

Did Trivia (and DH and I won twice) in Schooner Bar! (am now the owner of SIX water wallets!)

DH played Dodgeball and won the first day

Went to Love and Marraige show and tried out (lost the more than 1 year less than 25 year category to a french canadian couple in their 50's - not fair we had to go first!).

Went to Quest and DH got involved in one thing and even made it on the Cruise in Review DVD.

I will say this I did miss the shorter days having the early seating but it made the nights more enjoyable - can't really say which I prefer - we just know we can't wait another year to go again.

Hoping to maybe do AOS's other route (the one to Barbados, St. Lucia, etc) maybe in May - wishing for a nice price drop!

-Jen

We left at 8:30 - we were actually in the end of dinner (1st seating started 6:30) when we started moving so I think it was on time if not a little early. Last Feb we left at 10 (had second seating and remember the ship moving during it). Didn't realize this was a formal change I thought it had to do with the time of year or something.

I have some Compasses from last week - email me if you are looking for anything in particular. jltnova@hotmail.com

For the first time we were "active" cruisers - alot of "firsts" for our third cruise!

Did Trivia (and DH and I won twice) in Schooner Bar! (am now the owner of SIX water wallets!)

DH played Dodgeball and won the first day

Went to Love and Marraige show and tried out (lost the more than 1 year less than 25 year category to a french canadian couple in their 50's - not fair we had to go first!).

Went to Quest and DH got involved in one thing and even made it on the Cruise in Review DVD.

I will say this I did miss the shorter days having the early seating but it made the nights more enjoyable - can't really say which I prefer - we just know we can't wait another year to go again.

Hoping to maybe do AOS's other route (the one to Barbados, St. Lucia, etc) maybe in May - wishing for a nice price drop!

-Jen

Jen - do you remember what time the muster drill was with an 8:30pm departure??

Muster was around 5:45-6:00 - ours went very quick.

Also we were on board around 2ish and our rooms were ready. Luggage arrived sometime after 4.

Was the 6:00pm dinner actually at 6:30pm on the first night? I'm just wondering because of the time of the muster drill - looks as if it would cut into first seating?

Archived