How early can you get off the ship in St. Thomas?

BunkerVA

Hello!

Just curious...the Royal Caribbean website says we dock in St. Thomas and will be there from 7:00am to 5:30pm. My husband and I have a private excursion meeting us in Red Hook at 9:30am (http://www.sailwinifred.com) So, how early do they allow you to get off the ship? We usually wait and have a leisurely morning to avoid the lines....but need to be off promptly this particular morning. Also, we would be arriving from San Juan, Puerto Rico so I would imagine we would be realtively on time. (assuming no weather or other complications)

Thanks for an information!

Sam :)

I haven't been on the AOS, so I can't answer the how early you can get off question but I have been on the Winifred and it is only about a 30 minute drive from the pier so I'm surprised you want to get off the ship so early. They isn't much at Red Hook besides the boats.

If you are coming from San Juan and St. Thomas is your first stop you don't have to do immigration. You only do it in St. Thomas if you are coming from a foreign port. We were on the AOS and it seemed to us that people started leaving the ship very soon after it docked. But I agree with the above poster - it should not take you more than 30 minutes to get to Red Hook, so don't worry.

Thanks for the responses! We will be on the Brilliance of the Seas, not Adventure, but as long as there is plenty of time. I have an anxiety disorder and get nervous pretty easily. Then its pretty difficult to get things done without having an "attack." I don't like to be rushed. (Although with school its exactly the opposite....I freak out, but do my best work under pressure)

Anyway, like I mentioned, I don't like to be rushed. Was just worried it would be 9:00 before we could disembark and would be freaking out in the taxi. I hate to keep people waiting. And I'd like to have a restful vacation.

Thank you again for your responses!

Sam

Archived