Millenium cabin 6144

grannybee

We are on alaskan cruise on 1st August and have changed our cabin from 8169 to 6144. Have we done the right thing? 6144 looks like it has more room but if this is so why has someone else not gone for it? We are doing a B2B so we will have seen the views going up from our aft cabin.

We are on alaskan cruise on 1st August and have changed our cabin from 8169 to 6144. Have we done the right thing? 6144 looks like it has more room but if this is so why has someone else not gone for it? We are doing a B2B so we will have seen the views going up from our aft cabin.

Oh yeah, you did the right thing. Balconey is about 3x normal and room is 1' wider. Looks larger on the deck plans that it really is. I had 6144 on our last cruise on Connie and we have 6143 on Millie this Sunday.

You'll really enjoy that room.:)

So pleased I have done right thing. I would have wondered until we cruise. We were on Summit for Panama Canal last March and had 8175. The balcony was ok if you put the other chair together and then you could recline in a fashion. We went to an aft cabin and could not believe the space so we booked an aft as soon as we got home. Thanks again

We were in 6144 on the Summit last year, and it was by far the best CC room we have ever had. 2 reg chairs on the balcony, and also 2 lounge chairs. Really nice. And although the room is only one foot wider, it sure does make a big difference. Did you make the right choice? Absolutely. No question. Also, because of the location, you will likely get suburb stateroom service, and by talking to the butlers always around that area, they will let you select goodies from their suite cart. And they are really good.

We were in 6144 on the Constellation 12/28 sailing. The 2 metal lounge chairs have been removed from the balcony .The explanation given for the removal was "safety reasons such as fire".The RS did retain the teak furniture.

Mary

We were in 6144 on the Constellation 12/28 sailing. The 2 metal lounge chairs have been removed from the balcony .The explanation given for the removal was "safety reasons such as fire".The RS did retain the teak furniture.

Mary

I have had room 6143 (same cabin on other side of ship) on Infinity, Summit and 6144 on Connie. None of these had loungers so when were they removed? I have never seen them provided in these cabins going back to 2004. The RS cabins next to this one have teak ones as the balcony is about 3 X wider so it allows them to be placed without blocking the opening balcony dividers.

On those M-Class ships the balcony is covered so you’re not going to get much sun anyway so we didn’t miss them.

Wow, this is a huge disappointment. I ran into this issue on my Princess cruise in September; however, I thought maybe it was just a Princess issue. For me, about 1/2...ok, maybe 1/3 of the benefit of the balcony is the lounger. Seriously, I find regular chairs pretty uncomfortable. I'll be in 6144 on 1/27 & I was so looking forward to the lounger I kept reading about....wow....wow...

"I loved 6143. The location is great and the balcony is awesome. I liked the fact that it is a wood floor versus that rough stuff they use on the other balconies. Ours had 2 padded chairs, 2 padded loungers and a large table. Take it!"

I found this post from a Millie thread from last summer, fyi, so apparently the 2 loungers had been provided at some point. I know on my Princess cruise in September we tried to get a lounger for our oversized balcony & were denied...Oh, well, I suppose I'll live, but if I encounter another major food letdown as I did in September, well look out! :D

"I loved 6143. The location is great and the balcony is awesome. I liked the fact that it is a wood floor versus that rough stuff they use on the other balconies. Ours had 2 padded chairs, 2 padded loungers and a large table. Take it!"

I found this post from a Millie thread from last summer, fyi, so apparently the 2 loungers had been provided at some point. I know on my Princess cruise in September we tried to get a lounger for our oversized balcony & were denied...Oh, well, I suppose I'll live, but if I encounter another major food letdown as I did in September, well look out! :D

I'll let you know on Millie as I have cabin 6143 next Sunday. I have seen pictures as well from Millie showing the loungers in this Cabin so I'm not sure why it would be differant. The only differance I'm aware of is on Millie this cabin is not completely covered (canvas) as other M-Class ships are.

Thx...although I'll be gone when you return!! I leave for Ft. Lauderdale around noon on 1/26!

Funny that our paths crossed again, though....I'm the "X Cruiser" that the RC person was trying to send pics to when you thought it was you! LOL.

Either way, I'll live...I just love loungers & I was looking forward to it. I really think it may be a function of being a fire hazard, as that's what the other poster posted & that's what I was told on my Princess cruise, when previously I had a lounger in the exact same type of cabin!

Hope you enjoy your cruise...wish I could get your report prior to my departure...oh, well!

Thx...although I'll be gone when you return!! I leave for Ft. Lauderdale around noon on 1/26!

Funny that our paths crossed again, though....I'm the "X Cruiser" that the RC person was trying to send pics to when you thought it was you! LOL.

Either way, I'll live...I just love loungers & I was looking forward to it. I really think it may be a function of being a fire hazard, as that's what the other poster posted & that's what I was told on my Princess cruise, when previously I had a lounger in the exact same type of cabin!

Hope you enjoy your cruise...wish I could get your report prior to my departure...oh, well!

Hey, I'm Xcruiser the REALDEAL!!!:D LOL to funny. If there are loungers on the balcony I'll leave a note on your cabin door to let you know.:p

BTW: The aft CC's have the loungers but I was told it was a fire safety issue, don't know why Millie would be differant. Most other balcony dividers are fixed rather than hinged like these ones.

I leave some food onboard for you,;)

Our friends were in 6143 on Millie last week, and had the two loungers.

Thats good news, It's not a bigDEAL to me but it is to REALDEAL. I'll be in the this room Sunday with a glass of bubble in hand and reclining in my lounger, oh life is soooo good.:D :D :D

RD - Note on stateroom door N/R.:)

I just called my friend that was in 6143 on the Millie last week. She confirmed to me that they had 2 chairs, a small table and 2 CUSHIONED lounge chairs on their balcony. The cabin attendant was Lydia (and my friends loved her).

If 6144 does have lounge chairs but no cushions, you could do what I did last week. On the first night after leaving Ft. Lauderdale, I was walking through the pool deck. I calmly took one of the cushions, folded it up, and carried it to my balcony (only one of my lounge chairs had a cushion up until then.) I don't think there was anything wrong with that, but I could be wrong.

My balcony was then nicely suited for napping...:)

Should I push my luck? Are the loungers CUSHIONED? :D

Xcruiser: I'll be looking for that note in 6144! You'd better leave some food onboard for me! :D Been dieting for months in anticipation...

Ok RealDeal, I’ll leave a note and some Sushi in a very special place only I know about in your stateroom. After about midway into your cruise I’m sure you’ll find it.;)

I’ll also let Lydia know that if someone comes over to our stateroom (6143) by the name of RealDeal and asks for a lounger pad, It’s ok to take one of ours. :eek:

Since we will have had these staterooms on all M-Class ships after are next cruise I heard that Celebrity is going to change these cabins to Xcruiser Class. :D

Thanks for the info on our room Cruiser Bill, glad we will be spoiled again.:)

RD – you got your wish.

Xcruiser: I think we've hijacked this thread!!! LOL....What are you doing in DR & Tortola? I'm stuck. Want to do my own thing in Tortola but unsure about the Baths....Do you know how much rock climbing is involved to get to the beach? May just stay on ship in DR!

Can't wait to find that sushi on about day 4.....:D

Xcruiser: I think we've hijacked this thread!!! LOL....What are you doing in DR & Tortola? I'm stuck. Want to do my own thing in Tortola but unsure about the Baths....Do you know how much rock climbing is involved to get to the beach? May just stay on ship in DR!

Can't wait to find that sushi on about day 4.....:D

If I’m in Tortola next week I got on the wrong ship:eek: , we are not going there as we do St. Thomas in place. I have been there and I would do the Baths and it’s all down hill to the beach so you’re not climbing rocks, but that sure was fun to do. Did I mention the way back?:rolleyes:

The DR is not all that great but if you have not been to Alto’s it’s nice and just $ 7.00 USD, 2 Euro’s and 10,500 pesos’ to get there. Great views so I liked it.:)

Oh and about the sushi, by day 4 your can wait along time.:eek:

P.S. is there a law about hijacking threads, if so arrest me.:D

Aren't you on Millie? You don't go to Tortola?

I pretty sure my documents say the ship is Millie and we go to St. Thomas. Your cruise is expected to go to Tortola. Although I’ve been to St. Thomas more times then my house I think I still like it.;)

Do the baths in Tortola, you will feel like it after the smell of that sushi. :eek: