Shopping in Barbados

melgray13

How is the shopping in Barbados? I'm trying to choose between a half day and full day tour. I'm not looking for high end good (should have my fill in St Thomas and St Martin). I'm more interested in local crafts. Any suggestions of good shopping spots is apprecaited.

Thanks!

Yes, walking distance.. but that could be 10min plus depending on where you ship is docked. but I think it's worth it.. and if you have no joy there, you can continue into the heart of Bridgetown. just go through the main cruise terminal and out to the main gate.. by pass all the taxi's asking you if you need then and walk along the straight road and you will reach Pelican Village.

Enjoy.

We stopped at the Earthworks Pottery Factory when we were in Barbados last week. It was great. We walked through and watched them making the pottery and they let us take photos. They had a nice selection of pottery to choose from in their store. A batik studio is right next door & there's a restaurant on the second floor of that building. The batik artist explained the different steps in making one of his pieces of art. He signed the items my daughter bought from him & posed for photos with her.

Archived