What to do with luggage post cruise?

We are returning from our AOS cruise and have a late fly out, 5:05pm.

Any suggestions on stowing our luggage?

I was even thinking of renting a car and visiting El Yunque Park.

If we are off the ship by 9am -9:30am, will we have time to visit this park?

Since our flight leaves at 5:05pm, I am assuming that we would have to be at the airport for 2pm.

Any feedback is welcomed!

Thanks,

Paul

We just got back from Senerade out of SJ, and had the same dilemma. We flew out of SJ at 6:30 pm and hadn't figured out what to do. When we got off the ship (last air group), there were a couple of companies offering tours of old SJ for $25 a head. I negotiated a 2-for-1 for the kids and for $75 for four got a 4+ hour tour, with stops at scenic sites, tour of the capitol building, stop at a fort plus 1 1/2 hours to walk about OSJ while our luggage was safe in their van. We got to the airport about 2:30, which was a bit early, but a pretty good deal.

I don't think you would have time for the rain forest. Last year we booked the Walking Tour of Old San Juan through RCI. We walked off the ship and the van was right there waiting. Our luggage was at the airport when we arrived and our carry-ons were left on the bus with the driver during the guided tour. We really enjoyed this tour and would recommend it. We'll be in San Juan again in three weeks and can't wait to see it again.

em

I don't know that you would have the time to get to the rain forest and meet your flight. My suggestion would be to either use the luggage service that costs $20, I think, per person and it takes your luggage to the airport and onto your flight directly from the cruise, or take a tour with one of the taxi/van people that are available as you come off your cruise.

We have done both, but have taken the tour of San Juan each time. The tours we have taken were not done by the cruise line. Just be sure if you take a city tour, and if you have a late flight, that the tour guide in his van, doesn't include people who have a flight 2 or 3 hours before yours or you will be dropped off at the airport mighty early.

Look in the excursions for San Juan.

Choose the San Juan Bus Tour, it's well worth the price.

The buses are there as soon as you leave the cuise terminal.

Your luggage goes with you and it ends at the airport.

The best part is you get to see lots of great San Juan sites and if you didn't get time in San Juan this is perfect. You can relax and sightsee.

Don't forget to give your tour guide/bud driver a tip.

We had an awesome driver, Anthony.

I don't think you can use the luggage service. I tried, but they told me that my flight left too late (6:20) for the service. BTW, the tour guides told me that you can check in at most 3 hours before your flight leaves, which is not true.

Archived