Anyone want to join me??

MiamiNicole

Hi all!

It seems that these days there isn't enough time to get everything in. Congrats to everyone on your weight losses!! I weighed in on Tuesday and am down another 2lbs. (16lbs in 37 days). Have 5 weeks to go till our vacation starts so I'm hoping for another 10 b4 we leave. Then I must lose 2 a week to guarantee that. I hope i do!!

Lisa - my cruise is also on the 29th. Which one are you on? I'm Celebrity Century Western Caribbean.

Bye for now all - keep up the great work and be strong over the holidays

Dee

Hello to all the girlys in da house. I was sooo excited today i had to come in and share the good news. Everyone at the meeting was as surprised as i was. Last week i had gained 2 pounds (thanks to T.O.M.)and i've been in a plateau since September, well today i was down 7.2 pounds for a total of 36.4. I've been going to the gym and cutting back on the things i eat the most: white rice, pasta and potatoes. And all that has made the difference plus if i use my flex points i will try not to use my activy points or go over my point target. So i've been behaving pretty good the last 2 weeks.

I've been wondering if you guys have problems receiving the postings from this board. I get some old ones and once in a while i get this one but not as they are supposed to, as soon as posted. I have to come in and check the messages all the time : ( It really doesn't matter but i like to know when there's a new posting.

In regards of the TurnAround Program which is the new ww program it consists of the 2 different choices of programs, flex or core. I have tried both and i prefer flex since i need the responsibility of writing down everything and keeping track of everything. With core you don't journal, only the 35 weekly point allowance. There's no counting only eating from a huge list of wholesome foods and when you eat, you eat until "satisfied" and that's the trick of this whole program. Knowing when to be satisfied is very difficult so you kind of got to think while eating. The list provided by ww tell you which items are core and which ones aren't. You can eat as many core foods as you want and what ever is not core you got to add the points. Plus you can eat wheat pasta, brown rice or potatoes without counting points as long as is one of them per day. Anything else you will have to add. Most meats are core but they must be lean cuts or chicken and fish. So you can eat them until "satisfied". Example of the list are:
skim milk, veggies, fruits, some cereals and some popcorn, oatmeal, grits, soy cheese and the list goes on and on. It's interesting. Good luck!

I have not been on computer due to my holiday schedule, and it's impossible for me to respond to each individual post, so generally speaking: welcome to the new comers, congrats to all who remain focused on their diets and good luck to all with the upcoming festive celebrations and all the temptations they present.

Added note specifically for Jodie: My mother passed away on Dec. 13th five years ago at the age of 72. It didn't feel like Christmas to me that year, but time is a wonderful healer as it causes the heartbreak to ease, leaving sweet memories that create smiles through each season.

My heart goes out to you and your family during your difficult time this holiday season and I pray you are comforted by your faith in God.

Sincerely,
Regina

Hello everyone,

Well, after this last 2 weeks I now know the secret to weight loss!!!

You need to do what I just did:

Decide (spur of the moment) to put your house up for sale (in December no less) and move across town.....thinking that at this time of year it would probably take awhile to sell....only to find out it sold in ONE day!!

I have lost 4 pounds this week!!!! My husband has even made comments that he is noticing my weight loss. I just hope I don't regain the weight again once I have time to eat again!

P.S.
Welcome to all the new posters!

Happy Holidays!
Evonne

Thanks for the info on the new program, Glory. I think I'll stick with what I know works for me.

Congrats on breaking that big plateau! You too Dee!

Seems everyone is doing well. I got through yesterday's pig out day without going overboard. I had a few treats but just made sure I stayed within my points range. It was hard because I was hungry!

Good Morning Everyone-
Dee-way to go, 2 more pounds!!
Glory-wow!! 7.2 pounds, way to go. I think one of the biggest mistakes people make is when they hit a plateu or a rut dieting, they give up instead of sticking with it. Way to go!!
Evonne-Don't you love when your husband notices?? Congrats on selling your house so fast.
Ann-Good job on the pig out day! It is hard but always feels good when you get through it without doing bad.
Lisa-I went on the Glory last November, I loved it!!
Regina-good to hear from you!!
Well, 3 days now I have stuck within my points, I made the mistake of getting on the scale and it hasn't budged, but next week my "curse" is coming, hopefully that is the reason.
Have a great day!! connie

Ladies, thanks for the kind words. Now that I have lost some weight, I have joined a woman's gym to combine with my diet. Prior to losing, I couldn't even exercise without getting out of breath.

My point is: Even though it's not easy, don't give up because it is so worth the refusal of those cookies, cakes, and all the rest.

Be back tomorrow for weigh in.
Regina

Thanks for the inspiration Regina! WOW!! What a change! That's amazing. That's great that you've now joined a gym. You are right, you couldn't have 5 months ago. If you would have tried then, it may have just discouraged you.

Now, I am disgusted with myself. Yesterday, I took the day off and got most Christmas packages wrapped, which was good. Then DH and I went out to dinner. I had a nice grouper salad and two glasses of wine. That would've been fine. But Oh No! We were in the holiday spirit then and decided to go hit the wine bar. I had 2 more glasses of wine + we shared a cheese/bread tray. Now I have a hangover and I'm over on my points by about 12. :mad:
I must say, I WAS still hungry after eating my salad, but I'd have been better off drinking water and maybe eating a baked potatoe to fill me up. Well, I'll just have to try to make up 4 points per day, today, tomorrow and Monday. That will be very hard since we have parties to go to.

Good Morning Everyone,

Runner Ann, Don't beat yourself up about a little slip, it could have been much worse, think about all the good choices you have made, and everything you have turned down!! I am just at the point if I can get thru the next 2 weeks without gaining it will be great, then the serious stuff really starts:eek: Connie

[quote name='Runner Girl']We were in the holiday spirit then and decided to go hit the wine bar. I had 2 more glasses of wine + we shared a cheese/bread tray. Now I have a hangover and I'm over on my points by about 12. :mad:
I must say, I WAS still hungry after eating my salad, but I'd have been better off drinking water and maybe eating a baked potatoe to fill me up. Well, I'll just have to try to make up 4 points per day, today, tomorrow and Monday. That will be very hard since we have parties to go to.[/QUOTE]

I agree don't beat yourself up, since i am with you on this one. We went partying on Thursday and had so many beers (empty calories, you know...) can't even remember. Then had so much cheese (my dh family which is from the Dominican Republic just sent us tons of cheese, baked goods and crackers from there) and because we never have those goodies around i've been a little bad but i know that i am back on track and that those kind of things wont put me down. It's amazing how we beat ourselves up while the "skinny" ones don't mind eating cheese and crackers, as long as we get back the next day we can "cheat" once in a while.

Hey everyone,

Jodie, so sorry to hear about your mom. I'm getting ready to go to my grandparents with my mom two days after Christmas and apparently grandma's all ready emotinal because she doesn't think she'll get another chance to see me after this. She'll turn 80 while I'm there.

Kelly, I can't believe I didn't get back on here before you left. I'm sure you're enjoying your cruise by now.

Regina, you've done wonderful! The current picture looks great.

Welcome to all the newbies, this really is a great group. Unfortunately I don't get here as often as I'd like. I'll have to work on that in the new year.

I like the idea of setting goals for things you can control as opposed to numbers. Maybe that's because of getting stuck for so long though. I do think I'm going to revise my weight goal to 125 instead of 120 though. Other than not being toned up, I'm pretty happy with how I look now. That's telling me I need to work on increasing exercise and I might need to focus on going into maintenance on South Beach instead of working on losing.

See y'all for weighin tomorrow.

Nice weigh in Regina! Those numbers just keep dropping! Susan, you're right, sometimes it's best to adjust the goals. If you start lift weights you may note a small weight gain. Don't panic if you've stayed on program. It's muscle. Now if you start lifting and start eating cookies and drinking eggnog, then that's another story ;)

Yesterday, we had a 16 miler scheduled for our marathon training. With that, I managed to work off 12 of my 16 pointe overage from Friday. So if I conserve 2 today and 2 tomorrow, I should be good by my Tuesday weigh in. I gotta tell ya, running 16 miles after a night at the wine bar is not my idea of fun. But the weather yesterday was beautiful and we knew we had a winter storm on the way (which is here by the way) and I didn't want to do 16 miles in a winter storm.

Okay, I'm off to write a shopping list, go to church, go to the gym, go shopping, make a veggie tray and go to a party. I'll see you all tomorrow!

Ann

start 168
last week 163
today 166

YIKES!! I have been staying within my points, but my curse is due this week, and this happens every month, so I will try not to stress!! I even made cookies and haven't eaten any.
Ann, I am so impressed with all that running, I ran 2 1/5 miles yesterday and thought I was doing good. It has been hard the last few weeks, I still have some kind of a chest cold and keep coughing, so breathing is hard.
I will try and check back later to see how everyone has done. Connie

Archived