Anyone want to join me??

MiamiNicole

Well, I'm back to 132. So much for breaking that plateau. I haven't been as strict as I should have with my eating this week and I don't think I exercised at all. A lot of it has been not caring since I know I'm not going to be able to eat right at my grandparents. Mom's all ready told me a lot of what they eat now is processed food and not whole grain. Ordinarily on vacation I'd try to stay on my way of eating, but I don't feel like this is one of those times.

Ill be missing the next two weighins since I'll be gone. I'll try to check in befir Christmas Eve though. Just in case I don't though, hope everyone who celebrates has a Merry Christmas.

I'm happy, I finally weighed myself at gym,
haven't been there in a week.
So, Regina, I did wait on FULL week before weighing
(otherwise I weigh myself each time I go.. I know, compulsive)
it was "good" (not going to say great) not putting # since I don't want to jinx anything... (wasn't a great #, but considering I was stuck in house w/stress and all for full week I'm content) lol
Have a good Sunday everyone.
Carolyn

WOW! Everyone is doing great, I see! That's awesome!
Connie, running 2 1/2 miles IS awesome! It took me a very long time to build up to the mileage I do and what I do is way over the edge for normal fitness. I just have this love of doing marathons and that's the what you have to do to train for one. Don't ask me why I lover doing them so much, I just do.

Doing good on the points today. I've only consumed 18 so far and I have 27 available and that will even get me out of the hole from Friday night. Not much appetite today which is a real mystery to me. We'll see how I am tomorrow. The work group is going out so it's good that I'll have some extra points in the bank.

Ann

Quiet thread today! Is it the snow falling and frigid temperatures in the eastern region that's keeping everyone away from here. Now is when you guys should be here. I shoveled a little with dh, cleaned the cars and went to the gym for a little while since i start working earlier today and didn't want to get out of bed. I was so bad this weekend! OMG, i ate everything i found arount the house, i was bored to death. Off for 4 days, mostly i ate :( But here i come again, back to the gym and normal eating. NO BIG DEAL!!! Have a great evening everyone!!:)

Hey Glory! That's the right attitude!

Connie, how was the skiing? I don't ski. Too chicken. I might try cross country,though.

Well, I am so excited! Got on the scale this morning and I'm down another 1.4 pounds. Total lost since 11/30 is 8.4 pounds. Bodyfat was 20%!!

11/30 145
12/7 142.6
12/14 138
12/21 136.6

All that obsessive counting is working. My daughter and granddaughter came over last night and we made all the Christmas cookies. Neither one of us ate even one! Now to go about the business of giving them all away!

Good Morning,

Glory, you are right, it has been very quiet here, I guess everyone is very busy:confused:

Runner Ann-skiing, well my kids did great (the 2 youngest 8 and 10) were like pros, and my 13 year old has gone before, I guess kids have no fear, unlike me who has alot of fear, I only went once about 12 years ago, and did not do good then. I have a bit of fear of heights, and going really fast down a hill:eek: but I stayed on the smaller hills and did pretty good, we have season passes, I told my DH I would just stay on the small hill all season and be quite happy, he is not buying that, we will see!! I can tell you one things, this morning muscles that I didn't know I had are hurting!!

Well, hope you all have a great day, I am going to take some Motrin:D
Connie

Hi All, Thought I would check in, I did not do so good today I went to the Outback for dinner, had soup and salad for dinner (not to bad) but my DH ordered cheese fries, and I love them!! Oh well, I will be extra good tomorrow!!

Connie

Me neither, Connie, but I just have to put up with it. DH and I were all set to move to Florida as soon as some property we have out in the country sold. The property never sold. In the meantime 2 of our 3 kids moved back to Ohio. One of them with our only grandchild. The most adorable little princess of a 14 month old, you ask me ;). I can't move now. Ah! Kids!

Glad to see you are back on track. I am doing fine, but frustrated with the weather. I am supposed to run 9 miles but we have freezing rain outside. I think I'll run after work 4 miles on the treadmill (if that doesn't make me go bonkers!) then do a spinning class.

I know what you mean about kids Ann!! I am hoping we can get back to Florida (that is where most of my family and DH's family is) before the kids get done school and scatter. Maybe they will all want to stay there??

Good luck on the treadmill, I think I am going to head to the gym in a few minutes, my family wants to ski again:eek: It is only supposed to get up to 10 degress today, I think they are nuts, I'll probably be in the lodge most of the time:p

It is a good thing you post here every day, or it would be very quiet!! Have a great day. Connie

Yes, Connie, it would be very lonely. Seems it's just you and me these days!

Well, I went to the gym and did 9 miles on the 'mill. gulp! I just told myself I was only going to do 3, 3 is better than 0. Then once I got started, I told myself I could manage 5. Once I got to 5, I said, okay, 1 more etc. Till I got to the 9 I was supposed to do. That got me through today. Let's see how I do tomorrow!

Enjoy the ski lodge today!

Hi Ann, Way to go!! 9 miles is awesome. It is such a mind game somedays isn't it? Me and DH went to the gym and it wasnt opening until 12:00, so didn't make it, but went skiing, I read you burn 7 calories a minute skiing, so it is a good workout, of course I stayed on the little hill except one time my son talked me into riding the chair lift to the steeper one, once I got there I panicked ( I guess it is the height thing) so I was skooting down a little on my but, and my DH caught me, he thought I fell and broke somthing:eek: He thinks I am nuts, because I am doing good on the hill that is just a little smaller, oh well, he just can't understand. I will check in tomorrow!! Connie

That's a funny story, Connie. I tried skiing twice. The first time, I was 18 and we went to a small ski hill near our home. I stayed on the bunny hill and after a little while did okay. We had fun and planned to do it again but never did because of the cost. Later, when I as 25 or 26 a group of us went to Holiday Valley in NY. Of course, the group didn't want to park where the bunny hill was so we went to another area. They pointed me to the easiest hill but it was too much for me. After making a scene on the ski lift (not gracefully glided off when I was supposed to and jumping off late), I took about 2 hours to get down the hill. I was holding trees, I was falling onto my butt intentionally. I just couldn't figure out how to slow my skis. Yes, I was told to turn, problem is, I don't even know how to do that. Spent the rest of the day in the lodge. Have never tried it since!

I may give cross country skiing a shot this year but no more downhill for me. DH doesn't ski either so I guess there's no real reason.

Where do you live, Connie?

Ann, I am glad I'm not the only one with the skiing problem, it's a little embarrasing when there are little kids all around doing it, oh well. Cross country is supposed to be a great work out!! Right now we live in Kansas, but only until June. My DH is in the army, we just moved here in August from New Jersey. In June we move to Washington DC, I guess we will live in northern Virginia. Hopefully we will be able to stay there for 4 years so my oldest can go thru hight school without moving (he is going into 9th grade)

Well, hope you are ready for the big day!! I think I am , unless I am forgetting somthing:eek: Hava great day!! Connie

Oh gosh! All that moving around! We have friends that live in Northern Virginia. They work in DC. They live in Woodbridge.

Well, we are leaving in a few minutes to go the big family Christmas celebration. I am ready. If I've forgotten anything, oh well.

Merry Christmas!

Hello! I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

Had a wonderful time at the party last night. Ate too much. Used up my banked points + 8. But I made up 4 of them today and will make up the other 4 tomorrow. Gosh, I had so much vegetable soup (0 points) today, I think a carrot will grow out of my ears soons!

My granddaughter was such a delight!

My DH got me Jimmy Buffet's new novel "A Salty Piece of Land" to read poolside on our cruise!! (plus lots of other nice stuff!)

I hope you had a Merry Merry! I know we did!

Ann

Archived