Anyone want to join me??

MiamiNicole

Oh Hawaii! You lived there! It must have been so hard to leave! The luau was fun, it was just kind of weird travelling through sub zero windchills to get there. We do what we can here in great white North!

Here's an article on speed training for beginning runners. Even if you aren't training for a race, the advice is good.

[url]http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,5033,s6-51-54-0-1149,00.html[/url]

I am resting today, if you call cleaning out kitchen cupboards, laundry and babysitting resting. I love watching my grand daughter, though. She is such a delight. (she's napping right now)

Back to my cupboards!

Good Morning!! Where is everyone??

Ann, thanks for the article, I think I will try that. Yes, it was very hard to leave Hawaii. I am a beach and sun lover, so for me it was the best!! It is so beautiful there, hopefully I will get back someday, maybe a cruise:D Connie

Hi everyone! I weighed in yesterday instead of today.

133.4 WOW!! I am pretty jazzed about that.

11/30/2004 145
12/7/2004 142.6
12/14/2004 138
12/21/2004 136.6
12/28/2004 137.4
01/04/2005 139.6
01/11/2005 135.4
01/18/2005 135
01/24/2005 133.4 (19% body fat)

Just a few more pounds and I'll be there!

Good Morning everyone.

Well, so far I feel like I am having a great week, dietiing and exercise, but my weight is not budging:mad: It is my "tom" but it still gets frustrating some days. I know it happens everymonth!! Well, off to take the kids to school and then the gym. Connie

Connie - Im in the same boat - I have no idea whats going on - Im super frustrated too- its very disheartening when you work so hard and feel like your getting no where - are your clothes looser? thats the only thing helping me

Runner I sooooo admire you - Im up to 2 - 5 min straight runs integrated into my 60 minute walk- I know itll take me a couple months to run a mile or 2 straight - but Itll happen - I used to run all the time - I really hated it though - I mean despised it but I knew I had to so I did

Good Morning everyone,

Maria, my clothes are a little looser, but not much! I know we just have to stick to it, but it does get so frustrating, I can look at food and gain weight it seems!!
Ann, all this running in the cold weather, it will feel so good to get on that cruise and thaw out!! I wish I was going sooner, we just got a few more inches of snow last night, we just melted the other day from the ice storm 2 weeks ago.
Well, it is off in the snow for me, my son has basketball (I don't think I mentioned before, but my youngest (8) broke his foot 2 weeks ago, so no b-ball or skiing for him!!) he is bummed.
Connie

Maria, you'll get there. Maybe if you stick with it long enough, you'll even start to like it!

Wow connie, I'll bet your boy is really bummed. He's gotta sit everything out until that heals. That's hard when your his age.

Well, our cruise documents arrived today! It's only 4 weeks away now! Yes, I really AM looking forward to a thaw. Today's run, it was 40 degrees! What a difference a day makes around here.

Went out to dinner and ate waaay too much. Had some shrimp, potatoe gnocci and a cannoli. It was heaven! May see that scale pop up this Tuesday. Won't like that. But, I'll keep on keeping on.

Good Morning, Boy have we been having major computer problems!! Hopefully we stay up and running now.

Ann, don't you love when you get the documents!! Getting close now.
My weight still will not budge, and I did really good this weekend. I will not give up!! I think I am going to make a doctors appointment, I have been having problems with my "tom" , so while I am there might as well have a overhaul:p It really seems like something is wrong, I have never had so much trouble losing weight!! I guess it just could be getting older. Oh well, I will keep trying.
Off to the gym now, hope you all have a great day. Connie

Connie, you sure are doing great! Just keep at it!

Well, I finished the week off over 4 points. I've been doing very good but am feeling pretty bloated. I have a feeling tomorrow's weigh in will be a significant gain, but I do think it's one of those TOM things and next week will be better. See, I'm getting myself mentally prepared :rolleyes:

Hello! Weighed in today and did pop up as expected. Not so bad though. I feel pretty confident that if I stick to program this week, it'll come off by next weigh in. I hope at least!

11/30/2004 145
12/7/2004 142.6
12/14/2004 138
12/21/2004 136.6
12/28/2004 137.4
01/04/2005 139.6
01/11/2005 135.4
01/18/2005 135
01/24/2005 133.4
02/01/2005 134.8

Great job Ann!! It stinks every month we have to have that weight gain, but at least we know it is usually only temporary!!

Well, I am going back to bed, I have 1 son home sick and I think I am starting to get it. Have a great day. Connie

Woo HOO!

I'm Back! I have a new computer....and it seems to be working ok... for now! That other piece of $%^&*)#^ is just too hard to fix and this was more cost effective!

Just to fill you all in....

I'm back on my weight plan, workout plan, and I've planned a girl's trip to Las Vegas on March 28th! So....it's not a cruise...but there are plenty of reasons to stay on track now!!!:p

Good to see you all again! :D

I can't wait to read and get caught up with how you all are doing! Thanks for being patient with my computer troubles! :rolleyes:

Good Morning,

Welcom back Kelly!! I was wondering where you went. The trip to Vegas sounds like a blast!!
Thanks Ann, I will survive, just a head cold now.
Well, my weight finally was down today!!!! I was getting very frustrated. I guess it does pay to stick with it.
Connie

Thanks Connie! How have you been? How are the pounds melting off? Sounds like it! Good job! :)

Ann! Thanks for the welcome back! It's exciting to see how much progress you've made, as well! How many days until your "shin-splint"-a-thon? :p Man....I wish I could run....but I just don't have it in me!

I just ordered my King Cake from New Orleans! I can't wait! It is my one indulgence for the month of February!!

Hey.....New information on the disco scene.....I bought an I-Pod for myself and I've PACKED it FULL of disco music to leg lift to! That was the BEST purchase of my life! No more hunting through cd's anymore for the perfect workout music! It's great!:D

Have a good evening!
Who else checks in still? Just you die hards? I'm proud of you!

Looking forward to my weigh in come this Sunday. I haven't been on scale since my last log in. Have not posted in awhile due to an unexpected hospitalization that lasted 2 weeks for a family member which was followed by notification of their death. I am a strong willed person when I decide to do something, but even the strongest can be swayed away by a death in the family. I am back now and that is what counts. Will post on Sunday, be it a loss, a gain or stayed the same.

Regina

Welcome back Regina ,I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

Kelly, what the heck is a king cake? My husband is getting me an ipod mini (I think it holds about 1000 songs, I cannot wait to get it!!

Ann, are you getting ready? Won't be long now.
My son has to be on crutches 2 more weeks, I will be happy when that is done with!!
Well, I have been doing good, but I just had a slip. I ate 4 choclate chip
cookies:eek: Now my tummy hurts, it serves me right!! So, I am off for a jog, the weather is finally decent.
Connie

Hi everyone!

Regina, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Hang in there.

That's great news, Connie, on your long awaited and much deserved weight loss! You've persevered and it is finally paying off! That's too bad about your son.

I have 23 days until the shin splint a thon. Yes, the marathon is the same day we board the ship. We will be leaving the Friday before, so it's 21 days until we leave! Woopeee!!!

Regina: Very sorry to hear of your loss. We are here for you.

Ann: You brave soul! I will be thinking of you! Being tired and then getting on board a ship....WOW! Brave soul! 21 days is NOT that far away! How exciting! :D

Connie: A King Cake is a Mardi Gras MUST! It is a specially baked traditional cake from New Orleans! You can read about them if you google King Cake and Mardi Gras. They are so yummy! Especially if you order from the REAL King Cake bakery in New Orleans! YUM! :) You Will LOVE your Ipod!!! I can't get enough of mine! It is WONDERFUL!!!

I'll be weighing in on Sunday, too! I haven't weighed in a couple of weeks, so it will be interesting to see where I am...because I have NO CLUE!!! I feel ok, and I don't seem to be protruding too much anywhere! :p We'll see!

Have a good evening, all! Keep your eye on the GOALS!!!

Archived