Anyone want to join me??

MiamiNicole

Bicker,
Are you "one and the same" from Rita Aero's old WDW site? If so "welcome". You're going to love Serenade, it's a great ship. If you'll have access to concierge lounge you'll be well taken care of by Maritza.
Hope everyone's having a great morning.
It's gray, gloomy and rainy here.. Going to take care of a few things at home before getting out to gym.
Have fun.
Carolyn

Good day all!

Thanks for the info on the over-drinking water. I'm definitely safe.

Mindy - the dress is super nice! I really want an oriental dress like that. I checked the listing out and I just LOVE how they say "Listed as size XXL (40) in China, which translates to an American 12." - that's hilarious! I guess in China they're super super super small. An XXL here would be their bed sheets!!!

Well speaking of dresses, I saw this dress at a store where normally the sizes fit real small (like 2-3 sizes smaller!) Obviously I NEVER shop there - too depressing. But they have this really nice long red satin gown with spaghetti straps and it's soooo nice. It's on the manequin (sp?) and it's a size 9/10 (I'm a 12). Its the last one left other than a size 5/6 (no way!). So, I tried on the same dress in a different color (so they ddint have to strip the mannequin) to just get an idea of how tight it is now to see if I think it's possible to fit into it by the cruise. Well it was tight for sure - everywhere! but they didn't have mirrors in the change room - only outside of them - and I was NOT stepping out of that room. Anyway . . . I was thinking about it today and I have 7 weeks left b4 our vacation starts and 9 weeks till our cruise starts so . . . I think I'll get it! Ohhh man now that's motivation! It's just that I see my body changing so much that I think after 7-9 weeks it just might fit. The store has an exchange-only policy if it doesn't fit or if I want to take it back - which sucks cuz like I said earlier I never shop there cuz of the sizing. Well, I'm rambling . . . but I'm gonna go get it!!!! If it's still there - it's meant to be I guess, if not I'll buy a different one in January! Wish me luck!! I'll let you all know how it fits later today!

Bye for now and thanks for reading this long post!!

Dee

Hi Everyone, Just checking in quick, I think I have the flu or somthing, I am feeling horrible and have been in bed all day. I did have a great day yesterday, stayed on track.

Dee, you go girl!! Get the dress, 7 weeks is a long time and what better motivation!!
Have a great day everyone, it's back to bed for me. Connie

OK....so to summarize...I'm not going to die of drinking water! Phewwww! Thanks for all the investigation. (The "nun" was a nun back in the 16th century or something that died from drinking too much water or something!)

[b]Mindy[/b]: Go out and have fun on a shopping spree! I think that is what you deserve after working so hard!

[b]Runner Ann[/b]: How was spinning?

[b]Dee[/b]: I agree with Connie! I think you should buy it! I bought a dress too small (size 8) about 2 months ago. I couldn't even get it zipped up (I was a size 10-12 at the time)! Now, it fits perfectly! It was certainly incentive to keep going with my program! I say [b][color=red]GO FOR IT[/color][/b]!

[b]Connie[/b]: I hope you feel better soon! Stay in bed and get some rest!

[b]Bicker[/b]: Welcome! It's nice to have another "new" face on our board....and any friend of Regina's is a friend of our's! [color=plum][b]WELCOME[/b][/color]!

[b]Lani & Jodie[/b] & everyone else....where are you? If you are lurking....just say hi! [b][size=4]I miss you![/size][/b] :o

Have a nice night all!

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=purple]Hey Everyone, well computer decided that it would work tonight!!! Sure has been a pain lately. I did go to Curves today and had a good work out, trying to get the cleaning done so I can decorate. Seems everyone is doing great, miss all of you when I can't get on. Still trying not to stress eat but it has been hard the last week or 2 !!! Our little forum isn't so little anymore:D [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=darkorchid][b]Bicker[/b] Welcome I think you will be happy on this board, we have a great support group and lots of great ideas to stay on track. [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=red][b]Kelly [/b]Thanks for missing me:D [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=green][b]Regina[/b] nice pics I love the snow men!!![/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=royalblue]Well got to get some sleep, have a great night everyone. Lani[/color][/size][/font][/i]

Thanks Lani...

I don't know what is causing your stress, but I hope it doesn't last long. I have heard excercise is suppose to be good for stress, but I guess that could depend on what is causing it. At any rate, if the stress ends up leading to depression, it might be worth considering a visit to your family doctor. Just a suggestion.

Regina
ps. and might I also suggest you ask Santa for a new computer so we can have you around more:)

Hey all - I tried the dress on and it fits!!!!!! It's too tight in the boobie area but I'm hoping that goes down. So I'll for sure fit into in nicely by the cruise!!! I'm sooooo excited!! Maybe it'll be too big!!

Connie - I hope you get better soon!

Kelly - Thanks for the words. That's great about the dress you bought! Congrats!!! Can't wait till I"m a size 8!! Maybe I should see if they have it in an 8! lol!!

Have a super day everyone!! Dee

Dee, when I was MUCH younger, I would pray that something would be tight on top instead of on the bottom. Now that it sometimes happens, it IS fun to say it, but sometimes just as aggravating as something tight across the rear. (Tight pants and skirts can be hidden by a loose blouse and a table when you sit. A tight top is, well, provocative!) I am glad you got the dress. It will help you work toward your goals!

Regina, LOVED the artwork! Loved the "After" picture's more shapely figure!
Also,
Been thinking about your head count from yesterday. Most large women's organizations figure on a 40% participation level, so they would consider 12 out of 22 a good ratio. In fact, I've been told that if you want 20 active members, you need to recruit 50 people and keep them on the books. Since cruisecritic has some members who only post close to a cruise, others who lurk, and others who post all the time, our visible attendence is probably OK for now.
We are different from those women's groups because we focus on ourselves, as opposed to a group goal (for instance, raising money for charity, keeping a religious institution running, etc.). So our interactions will seem less visionary, for lack of a better word.

Every group has different people who play different roles. There is usually the Dreamer, who has to be pulled back to reality, the Counter, who always tracks things in numbers, and the Pusher, who gets the ball rolling. Sometimes there is a Peacemaker, who keeps people from drifting apart, and sometimes there is a Devil's Advocate. I think that because of your nursing background, you are now acting as the Coach and that you are trying to make sure we don't lose focus. (You have been called our Mother in the past, haven't you?)
I don't know if any of this helped Regina, but I think you A- should continue to call 'em as you see 'em, and B - should not worry as much about us losing people. (I am now acting as the group Optimist, so I may be overlooking something.) I really believe we have something very good here.

Good night everyone, and keep up the good work!
Mindy

Dee, I'm so glad you got the dress and it fits! Keep it hanging within your sight to keep you motivated!

Connie, I hope you're beating that flu bug! Those bugs are miserable. I was fighting a virus earlier this week that gave me a splitting head ache. Glad that's gone! It's so frustrating when you have so much you want to get done!

Okay, two days and I've done well. Stayed within my point range and I now have 4 points banked for the weekend. Spinning class was tough, but I wouldn't like it otherwise. At lunch, I went back down to the gym for an upper body strength class. It's the 3rd time I've taken it with this instructor and I've decided it's too wimpy of a class. Trust me, I am no weight lifter and I've been lax in that area for a long time, so when I say it's wimpy, it's really wimpy. I won't waste my time anymore, I'll still go, but I'll do my own thing in the weight room. I don't want to be in pain from strength training, but I do feel I should feel some fatique when I'm done.

Here's to day 3. Here's where it starts to get tough. I'm staying off the scale until Tuesday. I want to give this a full 7 days before I hop back on.

Regina, while I like your new avatar, I miss Lady Liberty!!!! (Maybe it's time for a trip to see her!)
I'm glad you were OK with what I wrote; late night posts can be unfocused. :rolleyes:

Connie - have you tried any spicy food? I usually find that helps me when I dragging. The spices not only clear my sinuses (and help reduce lung congestion), they are actually mood elevators too! They have found that the chemicals in peppers can actually induce an endorphin rush to your brain. Maybe I'll have tabasco sauce for breakfast......... :p

Runner Girl - never stick with a class that bores you! It only counteracts what you are trying to accomplish in the end. And good thinking about the stickers! You have found a positive reinforcement that is tailored to YOU! Go out and get some REALLY cool stickers, for especially good days.

Gotta run, but I'll probably just walk,
Mindy

Runner girl - I do the sticker thing too!! It's a great idea - as simple as it is. It's soo neat to see after 3 1/2 weeks all the stickers up there. I always put a bigger sticker at the end of the week to indicate that I did the whole week! My stickers are Disney stickers (how appropriate cuz we're doing Disney World for 2 weeks b4 our cruise!)

Have a super day all!!

Hi everyone, Thanks so much for all the well wishes!! I am still running the fever, and have a splitting headache, the up side is my weight is down!!

I think I will go out and buy some stickers to (when I am better) I am still a kid at heart also!!

Dee way to go on the dress fitting!!

Well all, it's back to bed for me. Connie

Hey Connie! Here's to hoping you're better soon.

Okay! Three days being good on my diet! (That means 3 stickers on my calendar-woohoo!!) I now have 7 points banked for the weekend. Yesterday, the folks in the aisle next to mind had a pig out. I refused to even look. I ate my carrots and tried to be happy about it. Let me tell you, by 4:30, I am getting hungry and by the time I get home from work, I want dinner. I want dinner immediately!! I know this week has been extra hard because I am trying to bank points for the weekend. I have a party both on Saturday and Sunday. Next week should be a little easier.

I just got back from my run. I think I'm really sick because today was an easy day, 3 miles. I should like that. I don't like that because I get fewer points to use for food. My max points to use today is 26 and I'd sure like to bank at least one for the weekend. Can I get by with only 25? I know some of you have done weightwatchers and know what I'm talking about.

Just wanted to say a quick good morning! Work is SO busy and I leave in 13 days! OH MY GOSH! I'm stressed! I still have to [color=yellowgreen][b]Christmas[/b][/color] shop as well. Was picking a sailing the week prior to [color=darkorange][b]Christmas[/b][/color] a good idea? It sure seemed like it at the time! :cool:

Today I dub myself the [color=red][b]"TOASTER":[/b][/color]

So...Here's to [b]stickers[/b] (ANY STICKERS!), the [b]weight watchers points system[/b] (even though I don't get it :rolleyes: ), [b]smaller[/b] swimsuits, [b]smaller[/b] dresses, [b]bigger[/b] busts (hee hee), and [b]Disney World[/b]! [size=5][color=plum][b]Cheers![/b][/color][/size]

Have a [size=5][color=blue][b]Fabulous Friday[/b][/color][/size] my friends!

ps....Mindy...your post was fantastic! I'm even going to use that at work! Inspirational! Thank you!

Archived