Wyndham El San Juan

annej

We are cruising on the Adventure of the Seas on Oct 10th and arriving a day earlier in San Juan in the hope that we will have no weather delays or other problems prior to our cruise - we are planning to stay at the El San Juan hotel and we are looking for some suggestions for dinner and other evening activities in the area that would be fun and appropriate for our two teenage daughters who will be with us.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions as to whether or not renting a car makes any more sense than cabs? We can rent at the airport and then drop off at the Caribe Hilton the next day

thanks for the help

Anne

If you try to 'go with the locals' i recommend a restaurant called "La Casita Blanca". It's not necessarily close to the El San Juan, but we enjoyed it and it's well known by the locals. I have written a review but unfortunately can't post a link to it here :(

If you go into Old San Juan for dinner i have heard good things about Dragon Fly, or if you wan to to go the Condado area you can try Ajili Mojili which is well regarded.

I wouldn't recommend renting a car. The El San Juan is close to the airport (less than $10 cab ride) and from El San Juan to the AOS pier should be about $20. I doubt you could rent a car for less than $30 in San Juan... and you'd still have to pay to get from the Caribe Hilton to the AOS pier.

Archived