31 Day Sapphire clothes and beauty questions

SissyG

Well, I guess I need to join the crowd. My daughters-in-law (both of them) swear by BE and are taking me in hand. I have no idea what I am getting myself into, but they are having fun getting me all set!!! Guess you'll all see a brand new me...for better or worse.

Pat

Pat & Deb,

Add me to the list of Bare Escentuals enthusiasts! I have been using it for about a year now and I love it! Sissy is right. It doesn't feel or look like makeup. Hope it works well for you.:D

I finally started packing this weekend. Unfortunately, I didn't do as well on my weight loss as I had hoped. I can't fit into even one pair of my shorts! Arghh!:mad:

Found some of the Washeze at Camping World. ;)

I am getting so excited about this trip!

Best To All!

Colleen

Anni, Linda, Barbie and now Pat, I hope I didn't leave anyone out??? I hope you all love your new Bare Escentuals. Pat you are lucky because you will have your girls to help you and give you tips..once you get used to the difference in both application and appearance I think you will be happy...I have always been a makeup junkie, so this huge line is right up my alley..always coming out with something new and pretty.

Did a little shopping yesterday for odds and ends..Robert picked up his tux pants from being altered and he got a new cummerbund. I checked Chico's for summer knee shorts and crops but the selection wasn't very good yet, and I want khaki in both. Will give them a few more weeks to get more summer clothes. I am waffling on whether to buy 2 more pairs of shoes to bring..I really would like to have both with me but I already have 7 pair lined up to go. I probably won't be able to resist..that is usually what happens. I am so excited that we are finally into the last month....now I will start worrying that I can't get it all done in time. I have my calendar full of things that I have to do before we leave. I'm going to iron t shirts and shorts and summer things all day today. woo hoo..only time I actually get excited about ironing is when I know the clothes are to go on a cruise. Sissy

Judi, clear radiance is part of the BE foundation line..they also have warm radiance and a few other shades of radiance...I usally buy mine at either ULTA, SEPHORA or you can also get the whole line from http://www.QVC.com

if you check QVC, just click on cosmetics or makeup, not sure exactly how they list it, then on Bare Escentuals and it should all come up. Clear Radiance has a slight glow or sheen to it, but it is not glittery at all, it is a great way to perk up your face and I use it as a brightener around the eyes..I use the warm radience as a blush when I have a tan. Sissy

Thanks Sissy,

I need to make a trip to Sephora so I will check it out.

Judi

OK, reality time!

I have started to pack all of the things that I will not be needing until we get on the ship. I have 3 bags packed to the 50lb limit and have yet to pack makeup toiletries, socks, underwear, jeans & tops for the week in Australia! (plus odds & ends that I forgot to put in the other bags) My carry ons may be full of jeans & underwear!!! Oh, I also have all of the clothes that are at the cleaners!! If this is how things are NOW, I won't be able to buy ANYTHING. I know that I can probably get by with less but I don't WANT to!! Is anyone else out there a pack a holic?

Nancy

is here, no more time to just think about it. I am pretty well done with the clothes, waiting for Peter to do his part so we can combine in suitcases. I have tried the Ziploc bag approach, not sure exactly what I am doing, but will see how it works.

We have finished our shoe and snorkel equipment bag, and there is still some room. Hopefully that won't encourage me to put more in it!

I am interested in hearing more (and seeing more) of the Bare Essentials make-up. No time to order and try out, but maybe I will ask Sissy to show me the makeup and think about it for when I get back home.

Tried to check in online at noon, but not available yet.

I will keep an eye on this board over the next month, and look forward to meeting you all in Sydney

Cheers,

Steph

Didn't find the Washeze at WalMart. I wear the minerals makeup, too. Has anyone used the concealer? I'm looking for something for dark circles under the old eyeballs!:cool:

Ronni,

I use the "Well Rested" Bare Escentuals concealer and love it. The Bare Escentuals boutique showed me how to apply it a couple of years ago. I never had any dark circles till I lost some weight then they suddenly appeared.:p The "Well Rested" really hides them as well any other spots that need covering.

Hugs

Anni

Wyeanni: Wish I could say that my dark circles are the result of weight loss! What a great tradeoff I'd be willing to make! Will try the "Well Rested." Can I get it at Ulta?

Yes,their stores have Well Rested and its on their website. Have them show you how to apply it when you go. It takes the guesswork out;) .

Anni

5 more days and we fly out! I ordered the BE also ......sure hope it gets here before we leave. I think we are all going to look alike with our BE, chicos, spanx, laundry hampers, tankinis, etc., etc,....will be great to meet every one finally!!!!

Thanks! I'll get over there tomorrow......wow, the time that seemed so far off not that long ago now is right around the corner! Notice that many of you have started packing already.....I've started making lists!

Hi Anni,

I'll have to go to Ulta and check out Well Rested. I always have circles under my eyes. I've lost - and found - many pounds over the years. Never thought of the circles as the result though. I knew all this dieting was a bad thing!!!

I just watched the video, so I'm ready to start experimenting with BE. It looked so good when the young lady at Ulta did it for me!

Linda

Anni, is the application technique different for Well Rested than it is for the other BE? I have always used Bisque as a concealer but love to try something new. Another product that they have that I swear by is the Prime Time primer..it is a clear gel and you only need a dot or two for your whole face, it makes your skin really smooth and a perfect base for the makeup. You use it after your moisturize. I used Bare Vitamins skin revver upper for years but found the Prime Time this year and love it.

I always worry that my curling iron will quit on me while on a cruise..think I will buy a new one to take on this long cruise...just don't want to take that chance. I guess I could buy it in Sydney..we have a long list of things that we are buying rather than taking with us. Sissy

I also have lists of things to buy in Sydney when we arrive(4/6). My lists are made for things to do before we leave, things to pack, and things to buy.

Nancy-what time do you arrive in LA on the 4th? Where are you staying?

We are flying Southwest out of PVD and land about 2pm in LA. The Renaissance Marriott at the airport is where we will spend Friday night before our early AM flight on HA via Honolulu to Sydney.

The clock is really ticking now!!

Nancy

You apply Well Rested just like some of the the shadows, twirl, shake off and "pat" do not brush, over the areas you want to cover. I even cover red spots with it. You are soooo right I also love the primer and how it makes your face feel. Right now I'm using Clear Radiance and/or Feather Light Mineral Vail. I noticed they have some other colors in the "Radiance" but I have not tried them yet.

I had to giggle about the curling iron. I have 2 the "right size" and both have minor problems. I was out this morning looking for another one also. I do not want to have one of my old ones bite the dust on the cruise. My list for Sydney is also growing:eek: .

hugs

Anni

A new hair dryer was on my list, as I also did not want the old one to die out on me.The dryer on the ship just does not work for me. I still have to buy the adapter, as we will be in Sydney for a week pre-cruise. The list just keep growing.

Nancy

Got a new hair dryer and a hair straightner....both duel voltage...and light weight.My good ceramic hair strightner burned up last year in Buenas Aires [almost caught the bathroom on fire!], even with an converter....not going to chance it this time! They said even though I was adapting to 220 their cycle was 60 and ours was 50 [ or the other way around]. I had to run around with frizzy hair for a week .

Got a new hair dryer and a hair straightener....both duel voltage...and light weight.My good ceramic hair strightner burned up last year in Buenas Aires [almost caught the bathroom on fire!], even with an converter....not going to chance it this time! They said even though I was adapting to 220 their cycle was 60 and ours was 50 [ or the other way around]. I had to run around with frizzy hair for a week .

Where did you get them. I'm in the market for a curling iron??

Hugs

Anni

Thanks Kendra I will check it out. I have a tiny hair dryer, but seldom use it as my hair dries fast since its so short. My biggest problem is getting it to behave before it dries.

Anni

Is the power on the Sapphire the same as in the US? We got an adapter for land portion of trip, for battery charging. I wasn't planning to use my own hair dryer until getting on the ship. Hotel dryers should be ok I hope.

Sissy & Nancy,

Do not buy your curling irons in Sydney. The plugs will be different than your outlets at home. You will need an adapter to use it!!

Nancy, we will be at the Hilton LAX. Our flight on Delta does not get in until dinner time. However, we will see you bright (?) and early ( isn't it 5:30 that we need to check in??) Are you renting a car when you get off the plane? I am a bit concerned with jet lag plus driving on the other side of the road!

Kendra, have a smooth flight & safe trip. How time has flown!!!

I am off to the mall tomorrow. First stop is Ultra!!!! I think that Sissy should get a free gift from the company for all the business that she has sent their way. Second stop will be Wal mart for the over the door shoe hanger. Just what I need, something else to pack!!!!

Packed an extention cord. The outlets seem to sometimes be in inconvenient spots.

Have I forgotten anything?

Nancy

Nancy, thank you, thank you, thank you, I would have never thought about the different plug. Will buy a new curling iron before we leave for sure now. I was just trying to figure out how to pack more shoes and clothes. I almost dread opening some of the bags that I have stashed in my guest room closet it has been such a long time since I started buying stuff to take. Please, somebody stop me before I shop again. Sissy

Archived