Gallery One Doubletree

cougar

Hello Vancouver....I'm west of Toronto !!

We just did the Millennium 7 day Eastern Carib. cruise and stayed 2 days pre at the Doubletree (again !!)

The hotel has been re-done.....very nice.

We love the convenience to a CVS(not a great one..but still a drug store...and wine ! )...Galleria Mall..1/2 block(all the big stores....Nieman Marcus,Saks,Dillards,Macys...and my favourite..Chico's),easy walk to the beach,lovely pool,sandy area along the Intercoastal to watch the boats and the Water Taxi.Google "Water Taxi" if you haven't taken it.It's our"taxi" to Las Olas for dinner and shopping...plus a great view on the way....and a view of new restaurants to try!

Front desk needs a little sharpening....but Aasha is fabulous...and we would ask her anything after we discovered how good she was.

Hot chocolate chip cookies on check-in is a bonus.

I'd definitely stay there again.Price is high...Expedia gave better prices.

Also close to airport(taxi..$25...15 minutes)...and pier(about the same time.).can't comment on taxi cost as there were 8 of us ,so we had a van -shuttle take us.

Hope that helps..enjoy.

Sharon

for two nights. Any ideas on best way to MIAMI port on Sat. morning? Any good family restaurants in the area?:)

Family of five(2 adults, 3 kids). It looks like a very nice Doubletree, using HHonors points for a free night........

I just checked rates at Expedia (we have 6 in my group so I wanted a suite that sleeps at least 6). Rate totalled $1100+. ($259/nite + extra guest charges etc). Curiosity got me, and I went to the Double Tree website and wanted to look at their pricing but couldn't put in that I wanted it for 6 people (only 4). So, I called the # and they gave me the room for 3 days for $862 total everything!!!! Saves me over $250 from Expedia! We're splitting the cost with the other couple we're with and getting 2 bedrooms! So just a heads up to anyone thinking Expedia is cheaper! I always thought it was second best to PriceLine or Hotwire.

We were there twice last year. Great location and nice hotel. As far as traveling to Miami, we rented a car from Hertz and dropped it off close to the Port in Miami and they shuttled us over. There is good restaurant close to the Double tree over the bridge behind the hotel at the corner of A1A and sunrise blvd called Cafe Bluefish. Great food. Have fun

Archived