Puerto Vallarta with children...

tracie

I am needing some advice about things to do with children in Puerto Vallarta. We will be there the second week in October off of the Pride, and our children are 11 and 4 years old. We are thinking about Las Caletas, but it is a little bit expensive. If you could book it directly with the tour company and not the ship it would be about half the price, but I am told that you have to book this one through the ship only. I am wondering if you have to book all of your excursions through the cruiseline for PV. Anyway, any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tracie

No, you don't have to book everything through the ship - we took the kids to Paradise Beach - they had a great time. A huge pool and water slide, and the beach was nice too. The tour through the ship for the 4 of us was $120.00 for 4 hours but if wanted to stay longer, which we thought of doing, you could get a cab back. We enjoyed it. I have also heard of Krystal Hotel, right there were you dock - we are thinking about that for our next cruise next month.

I use to vacation in Puerto Vallarta for about 3 weeks at a time and always saw kids there on vacation having a great time. The ship docks only about 8 minutes from downtown, there is shopping and plenty of good places to eat there, you also have Planet Hollywood. You can take a taxi down further (about 15-20 mins) to El Elden where they made the Preditor. Across from there is a wonderful place called Chicos Paradise where you can get great food, the kids can enjoy swimming in the water falls and the local kids will dive the falls for a few pesos. You can also horse back ride there or if your a little more into adventure you can go across the road to the canopy tours and fly through the jungle on zip lines for about 60.00. There's alot to do in PV, kids have a ball. If you click on to Puertovallarta.net that's a whole site dedicated to PV alone. Let me know how you make out.

The Sierra Madre excursion is very nice.

In a kind of big Jeep you drive and sometimes walk through a few villages, see how tortillas are made, drive through rivers, walk the forest etc.

At a very nice beach there is a good barbecue as lunch incl. drinks.

Mind your back if you have problems, but I am sure kids will love it.

(It is in the outskirts of PVR, so you hardly see the town.)

Archived