Conflicting Information

Jules7226

I've been searching the threads all morning on a couple of topics and have read all kinds of different information. I have 2 questions and if anyone has personally done these things, would you please offer your 2 cents???

1. We are flying to FLL but departing Port of Miami. We will be flying in the day before and are considering renting a car from Hertz in FLL. I've read that you can drop it off just outside the POM and they will shuttle back to the port. Has anyone ever done this?

2. What is the cost of a taxi from the POM back to FLL?? I've read one person say over $80 and another person say $24. I'm trying to decide if w should try for a shuttle if the cab costs too much. We will be self disembarking and need to get to the airport ASAP as our flight leaves at 11:45 a.m. so despite the cost we may need to go the quicker route.

Any input from people who have been there done that would be greatly appreciated. :)

What is the cost of a taxi from the POM back to FLL?? I've read one person say over $80 and another person say $24.

It's a metered fare, averages between $75-$85.

The other rate that your referring to is the fixed flat rate from the Port of Miami to MIA or vice a versa. There are no flat rates from POM to FLL.

We rented a car from Hertz in April, picked it up in FLL stayed a couple of nights and drove to Miami. We dropped the car off and were shuttled over to the Port. On the way back a shuttle picked us up and drove us to the Hertz office where we rented a car back to FLL. Quite easy and painless.

Where did you drop the car off in Miami? Was it near the port or did you have to go to MIA?

We rented a car from Hertz in April, picked it up in FLL stayed a couple of nights and drove to Miami. We dropped the car off and were shuttled over to the Port. On the way back a shuttle picked us up and drove us to the Hertz office where we rented a car back to FLL. Quite easy and painless.

Where did you drop the car off in Miami? Was it near the port or did you have to go to MIA?

We dropped it off at the SE 1st location in downtown Miami. It was very close to Bayside and it couldnt have taken us more than 10 minutes to get to the port with traffic.

Archived