which luau on oahu do you think is better?

guttermandave

i was wondering if any of the locals had any opinions on germaine's luau or paradise cove luau? we were planning on going to germaines, but just learned how close paradise cove is. planning my trip is half the fun!!!

Carnival Victory 04-01

Majesty of the Seas 12-01

Monarch of the Seas 12-02

Carnival Legend 04-03

Carnival Legend 12-03

Norwegian Wind HAWAII 06-04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;6;9;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

until Norwegian Wind in Hawaii icon_smile.gif

About the same, in my opinion, from what I know. Other options for luaus on Oahu include the Polynesian Cultural Center (PCC), the Royal Hawaiian Hotel luau, and the Hale Koa Hotel luau (need military ID).

Spleen

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</a>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;9;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  until RSSC Navigator - Canada - 6/04

Carnival Conquest - W. Caribbean - 10/03, Celebrity Infinity - Alaska - 6/03, Ocean Princess - Alaska - 7/02

• 2 weeks later...

cruisepro19-

Two questions....

Did you stay in Waikiki? And if so, how long of a bus trip was it? We're staying in Waikiki for a couple of nights after the cruise and we're booking Germaines this week for the Thursday night after our cruise ends and that info would help tremendously. Thanks.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;5;29;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Sailin' on the Wind 5/29/04

Its hard to say because Ive only been to PC. We loved it but the food was just OK for me. I am not a buffet fan and even though we had table service, I feel it was still mass-produced food. But youre going to get that anywhere.

In 90 days time, we have people visiting and will have been to two more Luaus so I can give a better opinion then. But the show at PC was wonderful and being a musician, my husband was really impressed.

NCL Star 1/04

What's Next? Alaska 2005 - Ask me about an official CC group!

Additional question for all of you about the Luau's on Oahu. What kind of setting are they located in? Any of them with a beach/ocean view while at the luau? I am normally landlocked in Kansas and when I am near the beach I want as much of it as I can get. I would sleep on the beach if I could.

Can't wait till 5/19/04 on the Wind

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;05;19;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Paradise Cove is beachfront on Oahu. PCC is not. Royal Hawaiian is not (I'm pretty sure). Not sure about Germaine's or Hale Koa.

Spleen

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</a>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;9;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  until RSSC Navigator - Canada - 6/04

Carnival Conquest - W. Caribbean - 10/03, Celebrity Infinity - Alaska - 6/03, Ocean Princess - Alaska - 7/02

Spleen, FYI the Hale Koa just built a new garden pavilion for their shows. Unfortunately, it looks like your back would be to the beach. I am going July 8th so I will update later.

I do know that it is elegant table seating (as they say!)

Sue

NCL Star 1/04

What's Next? Alaska 2005 - Ask me about an official CC group!

Archived