Question for SweetEmi

cattolica

Hmmmmm...I don't quilt so I don't know that specifically. However, there is a fabric store within walking distance I guess. I mean is isn't just a couple of blocks but it could be done. My auntie goes there. I think this is the place...Discount Fabric Warehouse 74-5605 Luhia St # C2 Kailua Kona, HI (808) 326-7474

Here's a website where I got that and there are a bunch more listed for all the islands. http://www.thestateofhawaii.com/fabric/#hawaii

Anyway...to get to this one, from the pier head up the street heading away from the ocean (Palani Road). When you get to the light, turn left. Head down until you get to the stop sign and turn right. (If you an Elk member - you will be walking right past the Lodge). This is the hard part. Walk up that road (and I do mean uphill - though not that steep) for quite a ways until you get to the last street on the right. (The road Ts at the highway). Which I believe is Luhia Street. Then you have to walk down that street and look at the signs on the left hand side of the street to see which of the driveways to go up to the Fabric store.

My auntie goes there because I think they have some cool Hawaiian print and stuff. Also, Wal-Mart (there is a free shuttle) has fabric and has a pretty good selection of Hawaiian print.

Hope that helps!

Emi

NCL Star-08/31/03 in Hawaii!

NCL Star-11/13/04 to Mexico!

Alaska summer 2005!

SweetEmi, Thanks, it bugs my DH that I always want to hit the quilt stores, but I like to add to my collection of fabric and it is most fun to do the collecting on my trips. icon_razz.gif

I copied all the information into my travel notes. icon_rolleyes.gif

We leave on Sunday for our cruise so I am getting pretty excited.

Janet

Janet - if you're on the Star and if you dock in Kahului, Maui, Fabric Mart should be right next to the pier (across the street from the Longs Drugs and Maui Mall). Might be worth taking a look as well.

Have a great time!

Spleen

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</a>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;9;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  until RSSC Navigator - Canada - 6/04

Carnival Conquest - W. Caribbean - 10/03, Celebrity Infinity - Alaska - 6/03, Ocean Princess - Alaska - 7/02

spleen93, Thanks, we are docking in Kahului,(we are sailing on the Carnival Spirit). I have added this to my travel notes as well. icon_biggrin.gif

Janet

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by spleen93:

Janet - if you're on the Star and if you dock in Kahului, Maui, Fabric Mart should be right next to the pier (across the street from the Longs Drugs and Maui Mall). Might be worth taking a look as well.

Have a great time!

Spleen

http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm

http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;9;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  until RSSC Navigator - Canada - 6/04

Carnival Conquest - W. Caribbean - 10/03, Celebrity Infinity - Alaska - 6/03, Ocean Princess - Alaska - 7/02<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is a very easy walk. Sandi (Bob&Sandi) picked us up and took us to the Ben Franklin and had lunch and then she dropped us off at Longs so we could pick up a couple of things we needed. Then we walked back to the ship. Very close and if the fabric store is where I think it is, even closer.

Cat: Just noticed you live in Irvine! Going to be landing there in November and staying a week at HoJos next to Disneyland before the cruise. I worked in Irvine before moving up to Washington and that was in '81. I bet I won't recognize the place. I'm a little worried about driving there though...

Emi

Alaska summer 2005!

Sounds like I am going to get my "fabric fix" on this trip! icon_biggrin.gif

Yep, I live in Irvine...have since 1987 and boy has it changed!!! You should head down and take a look around while you at D-Land. icon_razz.gif

Where in Washington did you live?? That's where I lived before moving to Southern California. icon_eek.gif

You are soooooo lucky to live in Hawaii now!!!!!

Thanks for all your imput on these boards. You and the other locals are so helpful when it comes to planning a trip. Keep up the good work!!

Janet

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SweetEmi:

It is a very easy walk. Sandi (Bob&Sandi) picked us up and took us to the Ben Franklin and had lunch and then she dropped us off at Longs so we could pick up a couple of things we needed. Then we walked back to the ship. Very close and if the fabric store is where I think it is, even closer.

Cat: Just noticed you live in Irvine! Going to be landing there in November and staying a week at HoJos next to Disneyland before the cruise. I worked in Irvine before moving up to Washington and that was in '81. I bet I won't recognize the place. I'm a little worried about driving there though...

Emi

Alaska summer 2005!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived