Skagway/Prince Rupert Excursions

heading for alaska

I was wondering if anyone has taken the Yukon Jeep Adventure in Skagway. I have read several threads where people recommend renting a car here, so I didn't know if we were better off renting a car (and saving some money) or to do the Jeep Adventure.

Also, we're going to be stopping in Prince Rupert. I haven't found much in the threads here. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks for your help!

I was wondering if anyone has taken the Yukon Jeep Adventure in Skagway. I have read several threads where people recommend renting a car here, so I didn't know if we were better off renting a car (and saving some money) or to do the Jeep Adventure.

Also, we're going to be stopping in Prince Rupert. I haven't found much in the threads here. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks for your help!

What might help you is to go the Canada board. I just put in where "Search this forum" on the top of the page and put in Prince Rupert and all sorts of ideas for excursions comes up. Hope this helps.

Marilyn

I don't know how much time you have, but if you want a low-key day, I'd suggest taking in the museum, about a 10 minute walk from the pier, and then strolling through Cow Bay. There is probably a tour out to the historical cannery, about 1/2 hour from town, if that's your thing. Much less touristy than similar sites you'll come across in other places.

From 400 kilometers down the highway from Prince Rupert

Robin

Archived