sharks or dolphins

BeachTeach

My husband and I can not decide what we want to do in Nassau. He would like to snorkel and swim with the sharks with Stuart's Cove. I would like to do an encounter or swim with the dolphins. I'm sure both will be great excursions. Any advice on what to do?

They are reef sharks, not great whites. The crew lowers fresh, cut up fish into the water below. The sharks stay down below while the snorkelers quietly watch from above. Once everyone is out of the water, they raise the cut up fish and feed the sharks at the surface. They've never had an incident and they do several excursions every day. We were on one of 6 Stuart Cove's boats in the same area at the same time.

• 3 weeks later...

We were in Nassau this past weekend, and went out with Stuarts Cove snorkeling. The sharks were AMAZING! It was unbelievable. I never felt in danger, but it was incredible to be in the water with 30 or so sharks. The guys on the boat did a super job, and it was a blast. I recommend it highly!!!

Archived