Rental Car Parking in Maui

reitzut

We are sailing to Hawaii on Spirt next month. I have reserved a rental car with Avis on Maui (in Lahaina) for both days we are there. Does anyone know if there is overnight parking at the peir, or somewhere nearby?

Thanks

Jim in Utah

Crown Monarch (Jerry Jeff Walker Music Cruise) Jan 93

Star Princess Dec 93

Norwegian Wind Nov 99

Dawn Princess Nov 00

Dawn Princess Nov 01

Star Princess Nov 02

Carnival Celebration(Larry Joe Taylor Musical Cruise) Jan 03

Sun Princess Aug 03

Carnival Celebration (Brian Burns Musical cruise) Nov 03

Carnival Spirt Apr 04

Sapphire Princess Jan 05

In Kahului, you can always try to park in the strip mall across the way of the dock (Maui Mall). Not sure if it's officially allowed or not ... but given that there's a bar on the premises, can't imagine that it'd be a big problem. Maybe Bob & Sandi will chime in ...

Spleen

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</a>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;9;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  until RSSC Navigator - Canada - 6/04

Carnival Conquest - W. Caribbean - 10/03, Celebrity Infinity - Alaska - 6/03, Ocean Princess - Alaska - 7/02

If you think the parking is expensive, wait until you eat in one of the better restaurants!

$2.43/gal. for regular gas on Maui, as of last week.

-----------------------

Platinum for Princess, for Royal Caribbean and for Celebrity.

Hi Jim in Utah,

there are number of places that you can park your car. I gave an answer to the same question some time ago and here is its copy:

posted 02-05-04 08:20 PM

There is a number of parking lots close to the pier. The 20dol. one that someone is referring to is one of the closest and it costs 20dol for 24hrs (and even that You will be parking only overnight, it will be in the 'time frame' that it will be in the 24 hrs price. I do not remember exactly but I think that there were only three choices; up to 4hrs, 8hrs and 24hrs.)

There are other lots just a little farther and they will cost less; 15dol, 10dol or 5dol. None of them are far. Most of them are equipped with machines that take either cash or (some) credit cards and you will prepay, receive your receipt which you will place in the car on the 'dash board'. And 'yes' you can get a 'ticket' if the time 'expires' and the 'authority' is there at the 'wrong time' to check your receipt.

I have also heard from some people that you can actually park overnight right on the pier for 'free' providing the car gets moved early in the AM but I did not see too much parking 'room' there so not too many cars (if any) can park there for free. All of the surrunding streets are posted for no overnight parking.

One more thing: do not reserve your car from Thrifty, because their rental office is not close to Lahaina.

Wes

Archived