Just Back from 1/12 Glory Sailing

Yvonne

We were not sure we were going to be able to go on our cruise, as my father passed away 1/7. He had been in a nursing home several months, and had Alzheimer's for several years. We were scheduled to fly out of Lansing on 1/10 and that's when the funeral was, so we made some changes and were able to fly out the next day. It was a hard decision, we weren't sure we should go but family and friends all said we should. And I think we made the right decision. Dad would have wanted us to continue with our plans, and the plans had been made more than a year in advance.

We did have a nice cruise, very calm waters, the smoothest sailing we've ever had. My husband's sister and brother-in-law cruised with us. I'm sorry I missed the Cruise Critic meet and greet but I just wasn't up to it. The ship was lovely, the crew was always friendly, the food was awesome and plentiful, we enjoyed some of the shows and the sun and warmth was wonderful. I spent quite a bit of "quiet time" on our balcony just enjoying the sun and watching the water go by and reading a book. There was an elderly lady on the cruise with us, her name was Glory, and she was a hoot. Wee Jimmy had fun with her on stage a few times and the audience just loved her. She and her husband were sitting right behind us while we waited for debarkation, so I was able to get a nice picture of them.

We spent another week in Florida, after the cruise, to visit family and spend some time at Daytona and just got home yesterday. I will be writing a full cruise review in the next few days.

And to those Cruise Critic members from our Roll Call that I missed meeting, I want to thank you again for all your kind words concerning my Dad.

My condolences on the loss of your father. I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise though. I'm looking forward to reading your review. I love the Glory, she's a beautiful ship. We were on her last February and will be back on her in September. I can't wait!

Terri

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Just before our Glory sailing in Sept My partner lost his dad. This cruise did him a world of good, after the stress and sadness of his dad's passing, he just needed some time away from it all, he came back well on his way to healing.

MAC

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Just before our Glory sailing in Sept My partner lost his dad. This cruise did him a world of good, after the stress and sadness of his dad's passing, he just needed some time away from it all, he came back well on his way to healing.

MAC

Yvonne,

Sorry about your Dad. I'm sure it was nice to just spend some quiet time reflecting and grieving for your father. I'm glad you were able to go and enjoy it. Your family was right, your father would probably have wanted you to go and relax. Take care.

Archived