Thrifty in Port Canaveral-shuttle to port?

mspink98

I screwed up our Budget rental for next month (said we were returning to Orlando and can't change anymore this late-rate is sold out), so we're looking at Thrifty instead.

Couple of questions-first, are they onsite at the Orlando airport, or remote? Also, do they have a shuttle that we can catch to the port on Sunday AM after we drop off?

I'm bummed about this, because we were so pleased with Budget last year, but oh well. I just want to make sure we won't end up running into unexpected issues with Thrifty. TIA!

OK, slight update to this-I spoke with the national reservations desk, and they told me that I couldn’t change the reservation to return to PC instead of MCO. My husband suggested I call the PC office directly, and according to that office, it’s no problem at all-in fact, I didn’t even have to change the reservation, I can just return it there with the reservation as is. I’m trying to get in touch with MCO to verify. I know that the national reservations desk never has the most accurate local info, and prefer to deal with a local office whenever possible, but am trapped in voicemail jail with the MCO office.

Should I be nervous about this without having something in writing? Again, we were so happy with Budget last year that I would prefer to stick with them, but not enough to pay 4x as much to cancel our existing reservation and start over with a new one that specifies the correct dropoff location.

Their local # here is 321-783-2600. Call them.

I did, and Pat at that office told me it wouldn't be an issue. I'm trying to confirm in writing through their website email, because I don't want to find when we arrive in Orlando that it is an issue.

Kate I think Pat is the manager. What I would do is call and ask for her E mail address. Send her an e mail asking if things are as you understand. When she responds print it out and bring it with you.

I am sure it wont be a problem. 90% of their cars come from/go to Orlando.

Archived