Royal Caribbean for kids???

jctref

I am considering a cruise with my husband and 2 boys next spring on either the Liberty or the Freedom but am a bit nervouse about it. Can anyone give me any information about cruising on RCCL with young children? My boys will be 3 and 5 at the time we go. How is the children's prgramming? Did your kids enjoy themselves? Any down time when they were bored? Anything would help.:)

The kids programs are terrific. Our daughter started doing them when she was 5. She still loves cruising with us and she is 15. We are going on our 13th cruise in a few weeks and have 2 more booked after that. Bring the kids!

We took a 9 day cruise on Explorer with 2 families of 4 in June 2006. The kids were 8, 7, 7, and 4 at that time. (3 girls and 1 boy) We all absolutely loved the cruise! There were plenty of fun activities at the AO kids club but we also kept busy in the pools, sports areas (like mini golf and rock wall), the promenade, and playing bingo. Plus we got off at the ports of call and went to beaches, excursions, shopping, etc. No, none of us were ever bored! We are going again (all 8 of us) with our extended family in March on Liberty for spring break. I hope to do a review on these boards when we get back. I strongly recommend a cruise, especially on RCCL, as family vacation. There is literally something for everyone!

PS: There was even plenty of "kid food" if you happen to have picky eaters like mine!

If RCI continues to advertise and court the Latin countries in the spring as much as they did in January, you will have all the kids you can tolerate.

We sailed 1/5/08 on Liberty and felt we were at a day care center of kids with little or no manners.

Total 26 cruises since 1970

Royal Caribbean is great for kids. But I did want to let you know since you have a little one that they do require them to be potty trained -with no pull-ups to attend the kids club.

Really wish it wasn't like this, because it is such a great vacation for families, but that is the rule. I personally wish they would just give you a beeper if there is a problem and you come and take care of it.

I just don't want someone to book a cruise and then find out.

Heather

Archived