Carnival say's "Call us 45 days before you leave"?

judithdh1

Hi all,

Got a question please. I sent to e-mails about 2 different things to Carnival, I got a response back from them and they said in both e-mails that they would like to have something special waiting for me on my next cruise, (hopfully next year), and that I was suppose to call a number they provided 45 days before I sail.

These of course are not there exact words but it is something to this effect.

Now my question.......What special stuff do they want to give me? Has anybody ever received anything like this before? And if so is there an expire date or anything just in case we can not make it next year.

I am so confused.

Thanks for your all's help.

Judi Hensley

Hi Judi....LONG time no see. When are you plannin on cruisin again?? maybe I will join you. You should book the one Randy has goin in Oct. Email me sometime.

Sorry I cant answer you question...you KNOW I a "puter dummie". I still tryin to get my "past guest #"....have you gotten yours? I leavin on a cruise next month and won't get invited to party because of it....seems like they could supply it after 7 months...huh?

Nice to see you online again,

Fran

In the past, I have received (after similar "call within 45 day" letters):

Photo credits, bar credits (4 sheets @4 per sheet), chocolates ... one never knows....

... when I call them, I have since "suggested" the bar credits, but was only

lucky to get that ONCE...:D

good luck!

Tom

I still tryin to get my "past guest #"....have you gotten yours? I leavin on a cruise next month and won't get invited to party because of it....seems like they could supply it after 7 months...huh?

Nice to see you online again,

Fran

Hi Fran, it has been a long time, I am a little leary of booking right now, I will wait til after hurricane season, ha.

Yes, I looked and I have my past guest number posted now. You should call about it.

Judi

If you give me the number to call...

I will call them and tell them that they told me to call...

I will go on my cruise in 24 days...

I will report back what I got!

Just a suggestion,

:) Ted

Can this be done? I have two of these e-mails, I would be happy to share one of them on to you if you find out if it can be done. As long as one can be kept for me and one can be given away.

Judi

Judi...what addy did you use when you were inquiring about your past guest #? I have called them 3 times and they just keep stalling me...tell me they are 6 months behind in posting them and to call back in a couple of weeks..maybe I will try the e-mail thing (might get some bar credits hehe).

Thanks,

Fran

I called yesterday to get my past guest number..the guy had them for me within about 3 minutes. Of course, my cruise with them was from last year so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Also, the PVP was so glad to not have to answer hurricane questions I think he would have done anything to keep me on the line LOL

Judi...what addy did you use when you were inquiring about your past guest #? I have called them 3 times and they just keep stalling me...tell me they are 6 months behind in posting them and to call back in a couple of weeks..maybe I will try the e-mail thing (might get some bar credits hehe).

Thanks,

Fran

Fran, I just went on Carnival website and went into the past guest place. It told me if I did not know my past guest number to put in my zip code and date of birth and when I did, it came up that time. I had been trying it for a while and never seen it then last week when I did it, it came up. I was so excited it was almost like christmas ha

Judi....I've tried that and it doesn't work for me...says no record of being booked. Just got off phone with Carnival...still stalling me.....told me to call back next week. Soooo frustrating!! All I want is to be able to get what I have comin for being a past guest. Maybe I should email Bob?!? Lol

Fran

Hi all,

Got a question please. I sent to e-mails about 2 different things to Carnival, I got a response back from them and they said in both e-mails that they would like to have something special waiting for me on my next cruise, (hopfully next year), and that I was suppose to call a number they provided 45 days before I sail.

Judi Hensley

judithdh1,

I cruised the Victory to Canada last year and when I returned, I sent Carnival a nice letter detailing my wonderful experience on the cruise. Several weeks later, I received a similar letter to the one you have described in the mail (snail mail, not email).

About a month ago, I called the number Carnival listed in the letter and spoke with a customer service rep. I am sailing on the Glory in a couple of weeks so my 45 days was in range and figured I would give it a shot to see what would become of the letter.

After giving some basic info such as booking number and the reference number from the letter I received from Carnival, the rep confirmed my reservation and sailing and then gave me the following:

1. I was given the choice of selecting a bottle of red or white wine to be delivered to my stateroom.

2. My wife and I were given $25 each shipboard credit.

3. I was told there would be a surprise awaiting in my stateroom upon embarkation.

I would have been happy with any of the three, but to get them all was really a shocker. This is the first time I have ever received a letter such as this and it appears the reward was worth the effort of my writing.

I hope your results are as good or better than mine so definitely make that call!

Now, if those darn hurricanes will just stay out of my way!!!

Now, if those darn hurricanes will just stay out of my way!!!

I know, we are headed to Key West, Florida in about 20 days, I am hoping it is still there when we get there, lol.

We figured we will just take a hammer and nails and help them rebuild.

We plan to give lot's of money to help them rebuild their economy, ie......the Dival crawl, lol.

Thank you for your response, I will diffently make the call before we go.

Archived