Edventure Tours...

cmdknw

So we're trying to book. Any rec's on what to and what not to do?? We're both young (20's) and want to experience all we can! I'm def. doing the zip line and cliff jump! Also def. want to do the spider monkey thing and some snorkeling. Just wondering what the bests are??? Also, we don't want to be running the entire time, we will be there for one day from 1pm until 10pm. Please help!

K

We just came back and did Edventures last week! We did the Tulum ruins (excellent, $7 pp extra), Cenotes snorkeling (the BEST THING EVER), followed by some Spider Monkey interaction right at the caves (they climbed on my husband, but don't like EVERYONE lol), then ziplining (very short, kinda slow, nothing to see, $10 pp extra), then Lunch at the Buena Vida Restaurant on the beach ($12 pp extra), then reef Snorkeling with Sea Turtles (GREAT, swam with 4 of them) and general snorkeling in that same area (a little murky, saw some spotted stingrays and found ourselves in the middle of a HUGE school of shiny fish).

This was a 10-hour excursion for us (dock to dock, 8:30-6:30). If you have less time, move quickly thru Tulum (1 hour), and drop the ziplining (1 hour).

Edventures is located at the Tulum ruins site, so when you book they pick you up (very organized) and take you to Tulum. There you can either go into the ruins, or start your eco-adventure right away.

have fun!

So we're trying to book. Any rec's on what to and what not to do?? We're both young (20's) and want to experience all we can! I'm def. doing the zip line and cliff jump! Also def. want to do the spider monkey thing and some snorkeling. Just wondering what the bests are??? Also, we don't want to be running the entire time, we will be there for one day from 1pm until 10pm. Please help!

K

I thought yal-ku lagoon was just so-so. We didn't see a lot of fish, and not much variety. It was pretty and all, and we had the place to ourselves, but we'd probably spend more time in the caves & cenotes or at the reef next time.

We just came back and did Edventures last week! We did the Tulum ruins (excellent, $7 pp extra), Cenotes snorkeling (the BEST THING EVER), followed by some Spider Monkey interaction right at the caves (they climbed on my husband, but don't like EVERYONE lol), then ziplining (very short, kinda slow, nothing to see, $10 pp extra), then Lunch at the Buena Vida Restaurant on the beach ($12 pp extra), then reef Snorkeling with Sea Turtles (GREAT, swam with 4 of them) and general snorkeling in that same area (a little murky, saw some spotted stingrays and found ourselves in the middle of a HUGE school of shiny fish).

This was a 10-hour excursion for us (dock to dock, 8:30-6:30). If you have less time, move quickly thru Tulum (1 hour), and drop the ziplining (1 hour).

Edventures is located at the Tulum ruins site, so when you book they pick you up (very organized) and take you to Tulum. There you can either go into the ruins, or start your eco-adventure right away.

have fun!

BSQ, which part of the above description is yal-ku lagoon?

We just did the Edventures Tour last week also. I think the cenotes are a MUST! I've never seen anything like the one we went to in my life. It was like being in some kind of National Geographic photo adventure. I brought a disposable underwater camera with me and can't wait to see the pictures so I can prove that I really went to a place that COOL!! We were able to fit in the Tulum ruins and the sea turtle snorkle in as well.

We ended up eating a sunset dinner and drinking margaritas next to the beach after the sea turtle snorkling, and it was the BEST way to end our day that I could have ever imagined. I'd book Edventures Tours again in a second—it was incredible!

We are booked with Edventure Tours in March. Are there any facilities at the cenotes? Where were there restrooms during your different stops? Did you take/buy drinks during the day? Do they provide a cooler to put canned drinks in? Anything you wish you would have known before going? We are a group of 4. How much did you tip your driver?

• 3 weeks later...

You've booked a great time with no worries. We were with Bonnie in November, and now want to move to Akumal! They had a cooler of bevs. Only did what you felt comfy with, we swam and ate and laughed all day. Bonnie had us back to the boat with plenty of time for a shower before dinner(our request). We tipped her 20 percent plus per person. This is one excursion you can sit back and enjoy!

Archived