Cruise line air and transfers

anley

Need and answer FAST...

We arranged with Celebrity to provide air travel and bus transfer to the cruise port for our May 17, 2008 Baltic cruise on the Constellation.

I am concerned that my husband and I will not be seated together on the plane.

What is the bus trip like?

Any feedback from actual experiences would be appreciated.

Anne

We arranged with Celebrity to provide air travel and bus transfer to the cruise port for our May 17, 2008 Baltic cruise on the Constellation.

Anne,

Keep checking with your TA about the flight arrangements (Hopefully your TA will call you, bu, just in case, let them know you are anxious about it). As soon as you get the flight schedule call the airlines DIRECTLY and set up the seat assignments. If for some reason you cannot get seats together, check back often...either by phone or on the internet...Seats open up...Chances are you will eventually get them together...If you're still separated when you get to the date, get to the airport early...Airlines usually hold some seats back (like the bulkhead) for a variety of reasons...

I have never been seated apart from my wife or wife/kids and we have used the cruise lines' air many times...But, I have always also used the process I just described...

As to the bus ride, I see your sailing goes Harwich to Harwich...When we last cruised the Connie, we went Dover to Dover...The bus is your standard modern tour bus...luggage is stored underneath...we stayed both pre- and post-cruise in London, so our transfers picked up and dropped off at Victoria Coach Station...I take it you're going directly to and from Heathrow? The bus will pick you up there and it's a LONG drive through London traffic and then a distance to the port...But, it's just one of those things you have to do...Relax, you'll be on the ship soon enough...

Really, it is fairly nice in a lot of ways to do the entire package through Celebrity. They take care of you well and you don't have to deal with any of the logistics--save calling the airline for those seat assignments...

Have fun...

Need and answer FAST...

Any feedback from actual experiences would be appreciated.

Anne

Have your flights been assigned yet? When you have your flight info just call the airline and find out which seats you have. Then change them. From experience, they've always been together, but lousy. What exactly did you want to know about the bus transfer? We've done transfers from England and the Med so if your question is more generic I'll be happy to help. You'll love Constellation!!

Archived