Need To Loose B4 The Cruise

I wish I had the time to exercise like that. I have to get up at 5:00 AM to squeeze it in before the day starts. I miss the days when all I had to do was go to work and go to the gym...having kids sure does change everything; but I wouldn't change it for the world.

I did talk to a friend of mine today, and we are going to start taking a hula class (something I have wanted to do for years). Hopefully that will shrink my core down.

I wish I had the time to exercise like that. I have to get up at 5:00 AM to squeeze it in before the day starts. I miss the days when all I had to do was go to work and go to the gym...having kids sure does change everything; but I wouldn't change it for the world.

I did talk to a friend of mine today, and we are going to start taking a hula class (something I have wanted to do for years). Hopefully that will shrink my core down.

:) Hi,

I don't have to worry about eating one meal a day. my days off I just made up for it.I wish I had some energy to work out.but if I started I would have some energy right..I work 7 am to 7 pm compress work week but the last three weeks I've been working over time.doesn't help.I think I'll give up Bacon,potatoes,and maybe start eating some veggies.I'll see how that goes.

Wow Teri, that is a busy work schedule. I hope you get paid a lot:D

Don't give up potatoes!!! They are a great source of vitamin A, and fiber. I cook potatoes all the time; white and sweet. With regular ones I bake them up and put veggies and salsa or veggies and marinara sauce on them. It is the perfect meal that makes me feel full. With sweet ones, I'll just slice them, lay them on a baking sheet, spray with pam, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake until crispy....mmmm...so good. I think I might make those for dinner.

My biggest downfall is sweets. Last night after dinner I went to the grocery store and got a box of girl scout cookies...yeah, bad idea. I only ate two last night, but now today I just want to much and ended up eating another four.

I cook potatoes all the time; white and sweet. With regular ones I bake them up and put veggies and salsa or veggies and marinara sauce on them. It is the perfect meal that makes me feel full. With sweet ones, I'll just slice them, lay them on a baking sheet, spray with pam, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake until crispy....mmmm...so good.

hey can i get ur recipie? that sounds good. ive been cooking for my family more so i can try new things. lol

Wow Teri, that is a busy work schedule. I hope you get paid a lot:D

Don't give up potatoes!!! They are a great source of vitamin A, and fiber. I cook potatoes all the time; white and sweet. With regular ones I bake them up and put veggies and salsa or veggies and marinara sauce on them. It is the perfect meal that makes me feel full. With sweet ones, I'll just slice them, lay them on a baking sheet, spray with pam, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake until crispy....mmmm...so good. I think I might make those for dinner.

My biggest downfall is sweets. Last night after dinner I went to the grocery store and got a box of girl scout cookies...yeah, bad idea. I only ate two last night, but now today I just want to much and ended up eating another four.

:D No, I don't get paid alot thats why I do it.Have to pay for my cruise:D

I should have said fried potatoes,french fries that kind of potatoes. Your way sounds real good I will have to try that.Not much of a cook but I try once in awhile.Sweets I can leave alone it doesn't bother to have them or not.once in awhile I'll have a cake donut or a candy bar.not very often.when I'm on a cruise I don't eat desert.don't have room for them.:D

I can't wait to eat cruise food. I love that I can pick something from every course. And the portions aren't big, so I don't feel as guilty eating all of it.

Oh my gosh...I hate cooking. I would love to go out to eat every night. I just make myself cook. My meals usually consist of some sort of chicken or lean beef on the forman grill and some veggies nuked with some cheese on top. If I have the energy I will actually make dinner...Like tonight. I already have it planned. Lowfat cheeseburger pie and salad. I can't wait.

I'm very proud of myself. I just bought a new jogging stroller (well, it was $5 at a garage sale). I am determined to use it.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

I can't wait to eat cruise food. I love that I can pick something from every course. And the portions aren't big, so I don't feel as guilty eating all of it.

Oh my gosh...I hate cooking. I would love to go out to eat every night. I just make myself cook. My meals usually consist of some sort of chicken or lean beef on the forman grill and some veggies nuked with some cheese on top. If I have the energy I will actually make dinner...Like tonight. I already have it planned. Lowfat cheeseburger pie and salad. I can't wait.

I'm very proud of myself. I just bought a new jogging stroller (well, it was $5 at a garage sale). I am determined to use it.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

:) I forgot to weigh in at work this week have to wait till next week off the next 4 days...hope everybody is doing good.how's the new jogging stroller?? I can't run, never was a runner.I'm not about to start now at my age..have a great day.

Wow, I would love four days off...hell, I would love one day off. The new stroller is great, but I don't jog with it. It would take a lot more energy than I have to get this fat butt jogging...LOL. Plus, running/jogging is so boring. My grandpa once said that he would never run because he never saw anyone running that was smiling. Made sense to me.

I did a bad thing today. I went and tried on bathing suits. :mad: Yeah, it sucked. Not the smartest thing I have ever done, and so I will wait a couple months before I do it again.

Does anyone do any sort of weight training at home? I think that's what I need to start next, but we will see. I'm too poor to join a gym...lol.

Does anyone do any sort of weight training at home? I think that's what I need to start next, but we will see. I'm too poor to join a gym...lol.

i have a step stepper, a twister thing, a stationary bicycle, jump rope, hula hoop, and some home made weights. thats everything i use. i also TRY to do push ups, curl ups, and sit and reach.

i try to walk alot. walkings not only a great way to loose weight, but its the best way for me to clear my mind, and think about things i need to think about. if somethings bothering me i'll put my shoes on and grab my purse and i'm off. it doesn't mater where i walk as long as i walk. i could walk no where or i could walk some where.

And you want to know whats really weird? i use to hate tools, cars, do it yourself projects and home improvement. Now I love all of them.

Well that's it for me.

That is so awesome that you have that stuff at home. I'm planning on getting an eliptical soon (I have to wait for my tax refund :D ). I just wish my weight was gone. I was having one of "those" afternoons yesterday when you just sit on the couch and poke at your fat...yeah. Too bad they don't have any do-it-yourself liposuction kits...LOL.

I started my diet OFFICIALLY today. I'm TRYING to loose 20 through 50 pounds before the cruise. heres my daily schedule:

08:30 wake up and breakfast

09:00 walk

10:30 rest

11:00 school/work

02:00 watch One Life To Live

03:00 muscle training

04:20 go with mom to pick dad (2nd car is broken and we only have one car)

05:30 eat

06:15 shower

06:45 play online

10:30 go to bed

pretty busy, but thats my schedule.

I try to walk, and work out at least 3 times a week.

Good luck on ur Diet.

Hi Kat,

Just wanted to chime in here. I'm also trying to lose a few pounds. I started out at the beginning of January but about mid-January is when I really picked it up. I found out I have borderline high cholesterol and I needed to eat better and exercise more. Up to now, I have lost about 12 lbs. So I am pretty happy with my results so far.

I definitely cut back from the fatty foods and junk food. I found a lot of good healthy eating tips at the American Heart Association website. Just look for the Healthy Lifestyle link on the left hand navigation pane.

One thing about your schedule that I noticed is that you are walking from 9am to 10:30am. That's great. I would just like to point out, for you and for anyone else who didn't already know, that you do not need to do all of your exercise at once in order to get a good workout. Fifteen minutes here and there works just as well. I'm at work all day and use my two 15 minute breaks to take brisk walks. I try to eat a light lunch at the beginning of my lunch hour and walk for another 30 minutes. As long as you are active 30-60 minutes a day then you are fulfilling your daily quota. It does not matter whether you break it up or do it all at once!

I wish everyone all the best with their efforts. :)

Wow, I would love four days off...hell, I would love one day off. The new stroller is great, but I don't jog with it. It would take a lot more energy than I have to get this fat butt jogging...LOL. Plus, running/jogging is so boring. My grandpa once said that he would never run because he never saw anyone running that was smiling. Made sense to me.

I did a bad thing today. I went and tried on bathing suits. :mad: Yeah, it sucked. Not the smartest thing I have ever done, and so I will wait a couple months before I do it again.

:) your Grandfather smart man.I agree no running....I'm not even thinking of bathing suits even tho I said I need 10 bathing suits 2 formals,shoes & make-up to get me thru the 10 day cruise with out bringing to many clothes.No weight training stuff in my house..have a great day everyone

How is everyone doing today? I suck! I ate pizza last night, and then random crap today. I figured that everyone has to have a bad couple of days every once and a while..right? Tomorrow will be better.

Doing Just fine.Well pizza once in awhile not bad they say moderation.you have to have a little of your favorites or the dieting nver works.Just get back on the band wagon..I go to work today lets see how much damage I did.I tried eating three meals a day..

How's everyone doing today? I'm doing better, so far, with the day. I acutally planned out my lunch and brought everything with me. I do have to say, my new favorite salad dressings are the ones in the pump bottle things...they are so good, and fun!

How's work Teri? What do you do that causes you to be on and off all the time? (Rereading that sounds horrible...I don't want you to take it as me putting you down. I just don't know any other way to state what I am asking...lol:p )

How's everyone doing today? I'm doing better, so far, with the day. I acutally planned out my lunch and brought everything with me. I do have to say, my new favorite salad dressings are the ones in the pump bottle things...they are so good, and fun!

How's work Teri? What do you do that causes you to be on and off all the time? (Rereading that sounds horrible...I don't want you to take it as me putting you down. I just don't know any other way to state what I am asking...lol:p )

Good Morning, I'm doing good.I work in a wafer fab.sounds funny.but,you heard of Texas Instruments all wafer fabs are working 24/7 Motorola,national,Dell,Intel,etc,etc,we make computer chips,long days.But the time off is great.I'm going to try and weigh in today (hope I don't forget)talk at you later.

I am only 6 pounds away from the cruise goal. I have 19 days to go. I will keep most of it off and start back up with my routine when I get home. I am exercising like a madwoman! I get home very late (7:45..my day starts at 6:30am) and that is hard...

keep pushin'

good luck to all!

Teri...This is your reminder to weigh in. LOL.

I got on the scale today...it wasn't pretty. I've gained 1.5 pounds since last week, but...I also started my cycle today (tmi), so I think I have a lot of water weight on me right now. Not too bad, expecially since I ate so much this weekend.

Congrats Jens...that's fabulous. I wish I was that close. If numbers on the scale make you happy, you can always sit in a sauna or cut way back on salt for those last days, then the numbers usually go down.

I hate dieting on a cruise. I think that being on vacation means that my diet is also. I love desserts, I love breakfast, I love eating my cereal with whole milk, I love real ice cream, I love fried spring rolls...and that's why I go on vacation. Food makes me smile...and I think that's how I got into this mess. :D

Teri...This is your reminder to weigh in. LOL.

I got on the scale today...it wasn't pretty. I've gained 1.5 pounds since last week, but...I also started my cycle today (tmi), so I think I have a lot of water weight on me right now. Not too bad, expecially since I ate so much this weekend.

Congrats Jens...that's fabulous. I wish I was that close. If numbers on the scale make you happy, you can always sit in a sauna or cut way back on salt for those last days, then the numbers usually go down.

I hate dieting on a cruise. I think that being on vacation means that my diet is also. I love desserts, I love breakfast, I love eating my cereal with whole milk, I love real ice cream, I love fried spring rolls...and that's why I go on vacation. Food makes me smile...and I think that's how I got into this mess. :D

Oh I so agree...I love all those things too!! I eat whatever I want on vacation...I just try to keep moving (notice I said "try"). Unfortunately salt is one of my weaknesses....I have never been very successfull cutting it out. Ah well...

Oh I so agree...I love all those things too!! I eat whatever I want on vacation...I just try to keep moving (notice I said "try"). Unfortunately salt is one of my weaknesses....I have never been very successfull cutting it out. Ah well...

Then who cares!!! Go and have a great time, and eat all you want! (have a souffle for me :D ) You can always work it off when you get home. I'm super jealous that you are going so soon. I always take two sets of clothes: the "skinnyish clothes" and the "last couple days of the cruise clothes".

I always go on cruises that are around 14 days, and I always give myself at least one meal a day to splurge...sometimes it is breakfast, sometimes it is dinner, rarely lunch because I'm not usually on the ship then. Then I don't feel too bad about myself. I also try to go to the gym every morning, and always take the stairs. I don't know if I will be able to do that on this next cruise though since I will be taking my going-to-be 18 month old, and I don't know how much she will be wanting to take the stairs..lol.

Hi, can I join in?

While our cruise is to Alaska, so no swimsuits are needed, I need to get healthy and lose a bit of weight. I don't want to look like the Pillsbury Doughboy in my winter wear. ;) I have been trying for a couple months and so far have only lost 6 lbs. :(

So, today I have been researching some different plans and programs to try. I think mostly my metabolism is just at a stand still. I need to shock it back into gear...just not sure how I'm supposed to do that.

Anyways, I weigh myself officially on Mondays and this week's weight was 182. I'm 5'8" and my goal is 160...it doesn't seem like alot to lose, but it sure has been difficult.

I look forward to sharing new ideas and support with everyone here.

Hi everyone. Sorry i abanded the board for a while. It's been a busy week. Today is Youth group so I'm going to goto that.

Weigh In: first week i was 219.5 second week i was 224.5 this week i'm 222.0 so i guess in a way that is some progress. tomorrow though, I walk. along with friday and monday.

And Of course you can join in. The more the merrier.

Today has been slow, long, and tireing. I did NOT want to get up out of bed. I was so comfy. I'm like "do i have to wake up?" lol. ttyl.

Then who cares!!! Go and have a great time, and eat all you want! (have a souffle for me :D ) You can always work it off when you get home. I'm super jealous that you are going so soon. I always take two sets of clothes: the "skinnyish clothes" and the "last couple days of the cruise clothes".

I always go on cruises that are around 14 days, and I always give myself at least one meal a day to splurge...sometimes it is breakfast, sometimes it is dinner, rarely lunch because I'm not usually on the ship then. Then I don't feel too bad about myself. I also try to go to the gym every morning, and always take the stairs. I don't know if I will be able to do that on this next cruise though since I will be taking my going-to-be 18 month old, and I don't know how much she will be wanting to take the stairs..lol.

Wow! Good for you...I never even find the gym!! And even if you can't take the stairs...I get lugging your baby around counts for something!! I try to take the stairs...but only because I hate elevators!!

Hi, can I join in?

While our cruise is to Alaska, so no swimsuits are needed, I need to get healthy and lose a bit of weight. I don't want to look like the Pillsbury Doughboy in my winter wear. ;) I have been trying for a couple months and so far have only lost 6 lbs. :(

So, today I have been researching some different plans and programs to try. I think mostly my metabolism is just at a stand still. I need to shock it back into gear...just not sure how I'm supposed to do that.

Anyways, I weigh myself officially on Mondays and this week's weight was 182. I'm 5'8" and my goal is 160...it doesn't seem like alot to lose, but it sure has been difficult.

I look forward to sharing new ideas and support with everyone here.

The best way to give your metabolism a kick start is exercise. I know..probably the last thing you want to hear...I know I don't like to hear it! Also..don't skip meals. Eat small meals often.

Snack often...snack well. Keep moving. Eat less at meals. Easier said then done!!!

Welcome Paula! You are more than welcome to join in. We only started this "conversation" maybe a couple weeks ago...I don't even remember.

What are you doing at youth group Kat? My husband is a youth Pastor, so I always like to hear about other events that go on.

So, does everyone here walk? I think we should test ourselves or something. Promise each other that we will walk at least a mile a day for a week, or something like that. What does everyone think?

Archived