Waterproof backpacks/body purses???

PreciousJewel

Anyone know of any?

I found that when my SO and I left the group and went to the beach on our own, it wasn't as fun as it COULD have been because we had to take turns staying ashore and watching our belongings. I figured if we could find a waterproof backpack or body purse, that way we could each carry our things (Cameras, ipod, ID, money, etc) and go and splash around in the water together sometimes. I really wouldn't be concerned about leaving my cheap beachbag or towels ashore, but I LOVE my digital camera (and iPod) and I can't see visiting the beach without it and I never let it leave my sight.

We never take much of value to the beach--and we both go in the water at the same time!!! We will have 1 credit card and a small amount of cash. No expensive cameras, etc... We bring a small tote bag, stick our shirts o (or whatever) through the handle, and leave it there! Unless the beach is PACKED (and it seldom is, depending on port) no one will bother it! We try to stay in the general area of our stuff, and do cast glances that way, but we really don't feel a guard is necessary! And, most of the time, there will be others from the ship there (you can tell by the towels!!) and we've asked them to keep an eye on our things. No one minds. We don't leave our stuff unattended while walking the beach or anything, but for a quick dip... shouldn't be a problem!

I'm with cb at sea, leave most of your stuff on the ship and only take the absolute minimum. You may want to purchase an underwater camera, so the only thing you may need a pack for is your Ipod a bit of cash, a credit card and ship cards.

I'd probably leave the Ipod on the ship as well, I'd hate to lose my music for the rest of the trip. The possibility of theft or damage to the unit would be more than I'm willing to risk. It's not just water damage, I've had music players damaged by sand and sunscreen as well, no matter how careful I tried to be with it. Perhaps the beach you are going to has a bar with a band playing music???

I'm with cb at sea, leave most of your stuff on the ship and only take the absolute minimum. You may want to purchase an underwater camera, so the only thing you may need a pack for is your Ipod a bit of cash, a credit card and ship cards.

I'd probably leave the Ipod on the ship as well, I'd hate to lose my music for the rest of the trip. The possibility of theft or damage to the unit would be more than I'm willing to risk. It's not just water damage, I've had music players damaged by sand and sunscreen as well, no matter how careful I tried to be with it. Perhaps the beach you are going to has a bar with a band playing music???

Yeah, i think I could live without my iPod at the beach, my SO?? No. He ALWAYS has his Ipod, lol. He is known for having one earbud in and one out so we can talk, lmao. He's such an addict.

Archived