Elegant Tea - Who Gets Invited?

OnlyMe

I just went back and checked all of the Celebrity Today issues and other info from our 1/20/08 seven night Millie cruise. There was only one elegant tea in the dining room. It was for anyone on the cruise. It was listed in the Celebrity Today.

When we arrived in our cabin, there was a welcome aboard letter from the Captain's Club representative. It also listed all of the events for our Select membership level. No separate invitations were issued for any of these events. The Celebrity Today also listed the various Captain's Clubs events for each membership level on the day they took place. To gain entrance to an event, you had to show your seapass card that indicated your membership level.

So, I don't think you will get a separate invitation for an elegant tea. It will be listed as an event on the letter you receive in your cabin for either your Captain's Club membership level or cabin category.

Les

Hi Les,

This answer is on the house.:D On Connie last March we stayed in the same CC Class cabin and got a nice invitation on our door the day of the Elegant Tea and it read:

ConciergeClass Elegant Tea Invitation

You are cordially invited to the VIP Elegant Tea

Date:…

Venue: …

Time:…

Informal Dress Code: Jacket required.

Please Present Invitation

=X=

I just happen to recall I had a picture of my DW holding it, enclosed below. It was a very nice event and I would say around 75-100 attended and most dressed formal (Tux). We sat with fellow pax from the UK that taught us uninformed yanks the proper educate for the event. :) We were not so lucky to get a invite on Millie.

Joel :)

399744571_TeaInvite.jpg.57c9bbefbcaeea409d05ee56259fa62e.jpg

Jade, I am being sincere with my next comment so please take

it with the spirit it is intended.

I know you had problems with land customer service and are

disappointed with a few things already. I just hope you go and try to

have a good cruise:)

I also realize it is human nature to do comparisons. I did it

when I sailed HAL too.

But I really hope you and your family have a good time.:)

I am sure we will have a great time. We have never had a bad cruise.

We've been invited on our Celebrity cruises but never attended. We enjoy afternoon teas but not enough to dress up to attend. My guess is we have plenty of company who skip due to the dress code.

Hi DeepWaterMariner :)

We feel the same way, especially since I think that serving "tea bag" tea at "elegant" tea is comparable to serving instant coffee at an upscale restaurant. If they served real tea, I might be inspired to dress for it. At home, we have a collection of loose brewing tea and we brew a pot of real tea every morning.

On the hand, we have gone to afternoon tea on our Holland America Cruise which does not have a dress code. Holland America does their afternoon tea a little differently every day, and each one was very good.

I just got off the Century yesterday - a 4-day cruise, and we were invited to elegant tea in the dining room one afternoon. Because we were in a suite and elite I have no idea if we were invited for one or both reasons but they do offer it on the shorter cruises. It was on our one day at sea.

We feel the same way, especially since I think that serving "tea bag" tea at "elegant" tea is comparable to serving instant coffee at an upscale restaurant. If they served real tea, I might be inspired to dress for it. At home, we have a collection of loose brewing tea and we brew a pot of real tea every morning.

On the hand, we have gone to afternoon tea on our Holland America Cruise which does not have a dress code. Holland America does their afternoon tea a little differently every day, and each one was very good.

Princess does an excellent job with tea time also. It's held every day in the dinning room, anyone can attend, and no dress code. If tea time is only done once a cruise then maybe you can get people to dress up. Tea was an essential part of the daily schedule on my one Seabourn cruise and it was also come as you are.

Did you get to the Dutch Tea? What about the Indonesian tea? They do not always do that but I loved seeing everyone in full Indonesian Dress.

As other have stated above, these teas are never really well attended. That is why I was surprised to find out they would (may?) require an invitation.

Archived