Single person looking for St Thomas day Sail 4/24

john07

Greetings - I am looking looking for St Thomas day sail on 4/24. I am cruising with a friend but will be doing this excursion solo.

I would like to sail with a small group and not be forced to use to use a group booking with the cruise line.

I know it may be difficult to coordinate a booking for one person with one of the 6 passenger boats that are available in the St Thomas area.

Has anyone been on or can recommend a (full) day sail on a slighty larger boat that a single could get on without incurring any extra charges?

Thanks in advance -

John

Most day sails I contacted did 6 or 8 people, it was just my hubby & I who booked, as the cruise got closer a few others booked (people I did not know) and their was a total of 5 on board. We each we charged the same... 125.00 per person. I would contact a few company's and see which ones will work with you. Should be no problem.

Research here for full day daysails and find a couple that you like ( we loved Rumbaba) then contact them and see if they have room for one more. Most daysails have a 4 person minimum- my wife and I were lucky, the Rumbaba had a group of 4 already booked for our day, so we filled up the boat, and met some really nice folks too ( and had the best lunch!). If you don't have any luck with the smaller boats, there are a few that can accomodate larger groups and you should be able to find a slot on one of those

I Believe That Princess Does A Daysail On A Catamaran Called Heavenly Days. I Have Seen It Reviewed On This Board And Everyone Said It Was Terrific. There Is Also Nightwinds Which Is A Larger Sailboat That Sails To St John. I Will Be Sailing On Her At The Beginning Of March, So Watch For My Review. You Can Do A Search On These Boards And You Can Also Google Both Of These Cruises. I Was A Little Leary Of Doing A 6 Person Sail When There Is Only Two Of Us, The Day Could End Up Being A Disaster Depending On Who Else Ends Up Making Up The Other 4 People.

I Was A Little Leary Of Doing A 6 Person Sail When There Is Only Two Of Us, The Day Could End Up Being A Disaster Depending On Who Else Ends Up Making Up The Other 4 People.

I never thought about whether the other 4 on our daysail would be nice or not when I booked my wife and I. They turned out terrific,we had the best day ever on the Rumbaba:D

Archived