Need Help on what to do

coco6

Hi, my husband and I will be on the Destiny in July of 2008. We are planning to book the Montserrat Volcano Helicopter Tour which takes about 2hrs. What else could we do after that tour? I was interested in Eli's EcoTour but it doesn't seem like we will have enough time for that and I was also interested in doing to Prickly Pear Island but I read someone says that boat picks up early in the morning and is pretty much and all day affair. Does anyone know if the is another boat I could catch to prickly pear island after my helicopter tour?

I wanted to see Hell's Gate also. Can anyone give me advice? Is it possible to see Prickly Pear Island and Hell's Gate on my own?

Thanks

Hi, my husband and I will be on the Destiny in July of 2008. We are planning to book the Montserrat Volcano Helicopter Tour which takes about 2hrs. What else could we do after that tour? I was interested in Eli's EcoTour but it doesn't seem like we will have enough time for that and I was also interested in doing to Prickly Pear Island but I read someone says that boat picks up early in the morning and is pretty much and all day affair. Does anyone know if the is another boat I could catch to prickly pear island after my helicopter tour?

I wanted to see Hell's Gate also. Can anyone give me advice? Is it possible to see Prickly Pear Island and Hell's Gate on my own?

Thanks

Eli's Eco Tour is the only excursion that goes to Hells Gate. And the Eco Tour is an all-day tour - no time for both the Montserrat Volcano Helicopter and Eli's.

So I can't go to Hell's Gate on my own? Does anyone have a good map of antigua, I'd like to see how far prickly pear beach, hell's gate, devils bridge and monserrate volcano are from each other.

Thanks

So I can't go to Hell's Gate on my own? Does anyone have a good map of antigua, I'd like to see how far prickly pear beach, hell's gate, devils bridge and monserrate volcano are from each other.

Thanks

Hells Gate and Prickly Pear are accessible only by boat. Devil's bridge is on the island. Hell's Gate is a limestone and coral formation off shore of Antigua, in Antigua's North Sound, nowhere near the cruiseship pier. I wouldn't recommend trying to get their on your own. First off, you need a boat, second you need to exactly where it is, third, you really need someone familiar with it to get you to the most interesting parts safely - parts of the climb are kind of tricky (not particularly difficult - just tricky), and you've got to be careful not to scrape yourself up or get cut. Prickly Pear is also an island - not Hells Gate. A far as I know, a trip over there is offered only by one person, who may actually own the island. Montserrat is an entirely different island. Devils Bridge is doable on your own by taxi.

oh I see. Ok well then I will just do the helicopter tour over the volcano at monserrat and after that I will just book the carnival excursion that goes to prickly pear island. I will have to do Eli's tour and devils bridge another time :(

Thanks

Archived