Upgrade Question

Cruiseforfun1

Has anyone ever been upgraded out of their category? As in inside to outside or outside to Balcony. We had an inside guarantee on the March 15th sailing of the Liberty and were assigned an inside cabin on Verandah deck. We just upgraded to an outside cabin and Carnival tells us there are only 5 cabins left outside so with an outside guarantee I am just wondering if there is any possibility we will end up in a balcony?

Wishful thinking

Ginny

Has anyone ever been upgraded out of their category? As in inside to outside or outside to Balcony. We had an inside guarantee on the March 15th sailing of the Liberty and were assigned an inside cabin on Verandah deck. We just upgraded to an outside cabin and Carnival tells us there are only 5 cabins left outside so with an outside guarantee I am just wondering if there is any possibility we will end up in a balcony?

Wishful thinking

Ginny

1. I wouldn't put much faith in the 5 cabins left story.

2. Upgrades to the next category do happen, rarely, but they happen. [once for me]

3. Upgrades are a tool the sales dept. uses to fill the ship. If the ship is selling well and they do not need this tool, there will be few or no upgrades.

Upgrades are not a reward system for multi cruises or good TA's or PVP's. They are a sales tool, nothing else. Used when necessary.

Dan

What about upgrading once you get onboard, is this possible? Obviously we would be willing to pay extra. We (3 couples) have an inside now and were thinking of upgrading to a balcony. We were trying to save $$ but now we are thinking we want the whole experience, it is our first cruise. Not that we won't have fun no matter what!! Just curious.

Thanks in advance for any info.

When I handled the bookings for my last cruise, 3 of us (3 couples) booked inside guarantees. Two of them received upgrades to balcony rooms. I assume that my DH and I would have received one also but we had to back out since I became pregnant. So it is possible.

I've heard of it happening, but never to me:(

I have always received some type of upgrade but it's always been within the category I booked. I always book a category I will be happy with, just in case no upgrade happens, but it is nice when you get one!

Terri

What about upgrading once you get onboard' date=' is this possible? Obviously we would be willing to pay extra. We (3 couples) have an inside now and were thinking of upgrading to a balcony. We were trying to save $$ but now we are thinking we want the whole experience, it is our first cruise. Not that we won't have fun no matter what!! Just curious.

Thanks in advance for any info.[/quote']

If you are willing to pay extra, book them now. Ships are sailing at full capacity, so there are very few cabins available on sail day....

Here's another upgrade question - We are looking at the Legend in October, we figured the best way to get an upgrade on that ship would be to book a ov guarantee. I asked the PVP about it yesterday - he said that is one of the most common upgrades that he sees. Upgrade from OV guarantee to balcony because of the number of balcony rooms on that class ship. What do you all think of this? Truth or PVP blowing smoke? Mind you - I would be happy just being on the ship - doesn't matter where I sleep!

Archived