Did we make the right decision going with Celebrity?

JackieT

Please reassure me. I'm 32, my husband is 40. We've only done RCI together. We wanted something less crazy than what we experienced. I realize we went over Easter last year but it was kind of wild, loud. Believe it or not, it wasn't the kids, it was the adults!!! We enjoy a good time and activities but we aren't into a huge party or crazy activities where drunks take it too far. I know this could happen on any ship but we thought it would be not as wild on Celebrity. But now that we booked (3/9/08 sailing), I'm second guessing. Will we be two of the younger ones on the ship? Are there plenty of activities to keep us occupied? We enjoy good service, food and great entertainment without the rowdy sceene. Did we make the right choice?

I was on an european river cruise with my mom last year and I truly was the youngest on the ship!

You didn't say where you are cruising and for how long. On all lines, the Caribbean gets the youngest crowds. And the typical 7 day cruise is "younger" than a 12-14 day cruise, because a retired person has more flexibility with his/her time. And obviously if you go when kids are off of school, it adds a whole new layer of activity. Sounds like you'll be a little early for the Easter breaks. That being said....

Celebrity offers a much more service orientated experience and certainly better food than on RCCL. Depending on the ship you chose and have been on with RCCL, the ships have less bells and whistles, thus not as fun for the families that are into the ice skating, rock climbing, bowling etc. I enjoy RCCL when we go on family cruises. Everyone finds something they could enjoy. But when traveling alone with my husband, we prefer the quieter, "classier" feel of Celebrity. Their entertainment is not going to be as rowdy as RCI. You probably won't find all the noise and games at the pool. The evenings will have smaller procuction shows, no blue comedians etc. But you will find bars open with music, movie theatre etc.

Really, if we knew which ship you are going on and where to on Celebrity, it would be a little easier to comment. The Galaxy is an older mid size ship, but we love the mood. The Constellation and Millenium class ships are livelier but not like a huge RCI ship.

I think when you mentioned wanting good food and service you will surely find that on Celebrity! You won't be the youngest on the ship and there will be plenty older. But most cruisers are fun loving and interesting to visit with. Don't worry about making the wrong decision. It will just be a different cruise than you experienced on the Easter RCI one. More R$R for sure.

We've sailed Celebrity, X and HAL. The youngest crowd was RCL but X wasn't old by any means. We're 40 and there were penty of people on either side of that age and I'm guessing the average to have been high 40's. On HAL, we felt like we were about 25 years under the average age.

I suspect you probably will be among the youngest of the adults on the ship, but I'm sure there will be at least handful of others (say 50-100 if not more) who are under 35. There will also be tons of folks in the 35-50 range of your husband. There will also be a lot of people over 50, and probably even a number over 70. It'll be a mix. Don't worry, though. It won't be you and your husband stuck with a bunch of octagenarians and nobody else...

We will be on the Millenium in the Caribbean. I do feel reassured by your words, thank you for taking the time to respond.

Then you DEFiNITELY will love Celebrity. The Millie is a fun and beautiful ship. And the Carib just adds to the fun and romance! My DH becomes very "young and frisky" on those Celebrity Carib cruises. ENJOY!

Archived