Classical Music on Holland America

Richard in Panama

2 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Lincoln Center Stage is now on 8 ships, the Vistas and larger. When I was on K'dam last winter, I was thrilled to see a talented quintet instead of the poor Adagio pairs we always seemed to get. They clearly loved the music and had such joy in playing it. I met the mother of the pianist and she was so proud of her son. She said that when he was growing up studying classical music,  he worried that he might not be able to get a job as he feared interest in classical music was dwindling. 

I agree with others who say, if you enjoy the classical music, make a point of saying so in your feedback. And buy a drink while you're there--before they play because bar service stops during the set--because revenue says it all. 

Thanks for sharing that story of his mother. This gives a more interesting view of the performers. I'm glad there is more interest in classical music. And yes, I ordered some alcohol which makes the whole experience very nice. Not too much because you don't want to fall a sleep during the performance.