Anyone been to Love Beach?

chipeneezer

Trying to decide what to do when I'm in Nassau next month. Our ship will be there from 12:00-6:00 on a Saturday, so we can't go too far.

I am interested in snorkeling and it sounds like it might be nice there. My wife and her sister would just probably lay out on the beach and work on their tans. I'm having a tough time finding pictures or reviews other than just a short description on Bahamas tourism websites.

My other thought is just to make the walk down to Junkanoo Beach and chill out and watch the Spring Break crowd.

Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Trying to decide what to do when I'm in Nassau next month. Our ship will be there from 12:00-6:00 on a Saturday, so we can't go too far.

I am interested in snorkeling and it sounds like it might be nice there. My wife and her sister would just probably lay out on the beach and work on their tans. I'm having a tough time finding pictures or reviews other than just a short description on Bahamas tourism websites.

My other thought is just to make the walk down to Junkanoo Beach and chill out and watch the Spring Break crowd.

Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Love Beach is a public beach in Gambier (past Cable Beach) with a hidden entry point (overgrown) and no maintenace. You'll find it pretty dirty from late nite partiyng on the weekends. Snorkeling is about 1/2 mile off shore.. and not all that great.

I'd stick with something close to the port or a hotel beach. You won't find decent snorkeling from shore in the area. Two much over use, boating and leeching from construction.

Archived