Best Princess Ship for Alaska Cruises

ktmac

I have a silly question and can't seem to find a good spot to post it...maybe someone here can help. Dh and I are planning an Alaskan cruise "Voyage of the Glaciers" but we are doing the Southern route. Has anyone ever done that route starting out, not on a turnaround? Also if you have how did you get from Anchorage to Whittier? I saw in the book something about the Princess railway, yet when I called Princess they said that was only available to people doing cruisetours........even though that is not what the book said. Despite our name we have been on 1 other cruise with Princess to the W. Caribbean, and have known the Princess operators to not be all together correct on some things and was looking for someone with actual physical knowledge of doing it.

Any help would be great!

We were on the Diamond last June and loved it. We were in an aft cabin on Aloha and just a short walk to buffet and the aft pool is heated - - but not enclosed. Although the outside air temp was "chilly" it was very comfortable as long as you stayed in the pool, kinda like the hot tubs. I was the only one in the pool the whole week. Of course, dw thought I was nuts...

[[i have a silly question and can't seem to find a good spot to post it...maybe someone here can help. Dh and I are planning an Alaskan cruise "Voyage of the Glaciers" but we are doing the Southern route. Has anyone ever done that route starting out, not on a turnaround? Also if you have how did you get from Anchorage to Whittier? I saw in the book something about the Princess railway, yet when I called Princess they said that was only available to people doing cruisetours........even though that is not what the book said. Despite our name we have been on 1 other cruise with Princess to the W. Caribbean, and have known the Princess operators to not be all together correct on some things and was looking for someone with actual physical knowledge of doing it.

Any help would be great!]]

We did the Southern route out of Whittier and loved it!

You can get Alaska Railroad tickets online for the trip from Anchorage to Whittier. I would highly recommend it.

Archived