First time cruise (on Crown P)! First time room?

bwjm

Just curious, we're going on a cruise in 2009 with a family group. It will be our first cruise. I don't know that I will ever get a chance to go on a cruise again, (at least with DH, might do agian with DD if we both enjoy our first) and was wondering between regular balcony on Crown Princess or the mini-suite.

It isn't a BIG price difference to me, but was just curious. I can see me on the balcony, and DH too, actually, but unsure because of DD with us, if maybe the mini isn't the way to go? :confused:

Any advice would be appreciated.

I think it really depends on if you want to spend a lot of time in the room or not. Many people prefer to just be up on the public decks anyway, and it isn't worth the price of the upgrade. But, if you want to have privacy, you may want stay on your own balcony. If that's the case, don't get a room that is near/beneath public areas because you will hear lots of people milling around the public decks. One year we even had people dropping cigar/cigarette ashes onto our balcony (was on the back of the boat).

How old is your daughter? I'm 24 and I prefer to wander around the boat more than stay in the room, so the size of the room doesn't matter too much to me.

Just curious, we're going on a cruise in 2009 with a family group. It will be our first cruise. I don't know that I will ever get a chance to go on a cruise again, (at least with DH, might do agian with DD if we both enjoy our first) and was wondering between regular balcony on Crown Princess or the mini-suite.

It isn't a BIG price difference to me, but was just curious. I can see me on the balcony, and DH too, actually, but unsure because of DD with us, if maybe the mini isn't the way to go? :confused:

If you are sure that this will be your first and only cruise then I reccommend that you upgrade to the Mini-Suite. However, being a veteran cruiser myself you will find that there is no way you won't book another cruise. And...because its your first cruise I would stay in nothing less than a balcony stateroom. Trust me...this won't be your last cruise. The addiction is too overwhelming.

jcruise

If you book a mini you need to know that they are only on the dolphin and emerald decks. The dolphin deck all the balconies are open with no cover. The emerald deck they are all covered.

For me I always go with a regular balcony room on the caribe deck because the balconies are bigger then on any deck. They are half covered and half uncovered giving you the best of both worlds.

Go for the gusto you will always wonder how good it was if you don't

Bob

I would go with the mini suite for the extra cabin space. However cjh brings up an important fact. Most mini suites are on Dolphin deck and are in full view of the decks above. No privacy. The only mini suites that are covered overhead are on Emerald deck. These cabins are above Club Fusion, which may be noisy at night. Maybe someone can chime in on the noise level above Club Fusion. If you can afford the larger cabin it will definitely be worth it.

Archived