Progreso Details?

rgtkkb

I need to meet a friend in Progreso who is not familiar with the area and wants to know exactly where the shuttle drops off passengers. Is the drop-off right at the end of the pier at the malecon? Is the market area small enough that we should be able to find each other there? Is the monument nearby?

Also, I am wondering about the earliest time we should plan to meet. If the ship is supposed to arrive at 7:00, would it be reasonable to plan to meet at 8? There are two ships arriving at 7:00, in case that makes a difference.

I would appreciate any advice from those who have been to Progreso recently. Thanks.

The shuttle takes you to the Casa de Cultura where there is a small market selling crafts and souvenirs. You could meet you friend in the Casa de Cultura itself, or in the market, just in front of the building.

Thanks. Is the Casa de Cultura on the Yucatan Today map as the Centro Cultural? I was thinking that the shuttle stop was closer to the beach and further from the bus station.

The shuttle takes you to the Casa de Cultura where there is a small market selling crafts and souvenirs. You could meet you friend in the Casa de Cultura itself, or in the market, just in front of the building.

Thanks. Is the Casa de Cultura the same as the Centro Cultural on the Yucatan Today map? I was thinking that the shuttle stop was closer to the beach and further from the bus station.

Archived