How long does it take to sail from Vancouver to Seattle?

chrismch

I have cancelled my cruise on the Infinity! I do not want to be in 'when can I maybe get on the ship' lottery with many upset people through out the whole cruise and pay for that $10K!

I have reebooked us on the Oosterdam 1 day later! Normal departure with sail away party, also in Suites, 1 more port "Sitka", great service and food and the whole thing withouth aggrovations and $2K less!

I wish you all a great trip!

50.gif

Think Celebrity is doing a really bad job on this one! They should have pushed back departure for the next day and just 'eaten' a day - the ill will this is going to generate will be hard to overcome. You will like the Oosterdam - the ship is lovely and very comfortable. I hope someone senior at Celebrity reads these boards and takes careful note of the effects that their bone-headed corporate decisions have on their customers. Having hospitality suites at several Seattle hotels would be a good step toward making this late night departure somewhat more palatable, but not much! Good luck!

The problem is..I have called Celebrity again for a definite answer including vouchers for food, drinks or the real sail away time.

I got told, the ship can be in by 7pm to 8pm earliest, if nothing comes (like customs or a delay of debark in Vancouver and so on) in between.

There will be just the regular check in...no vouchers or anything provided...that is not a start for a 5* and all in all $15k vacation!

The ship could as well start embark by midnight if it is delayed...luggage will not appear anyhow til late night/early morning! I do not want to wait til 3am until I finally get my luggage to unpack. Just think about the tired crew and absolutely kranky 2000 passengers for the trip!

Nahhh...sorry Celebrity! Basically they cancelled 2 cruises themselfes because of bad not informative service! I had also booked the Solstice on March 8, 2009. I guess we will stick with HAL, where I got already a e-mail from the Captain and Hotel Director welcoming us for our upcoming cruise. That is service!

. We have to get off and take the shuttle down to Ensenada. We can leave our luggage onboard, however, which makes it a little less aggravating.

:D Hi,

Thanks for that info. This is good !!! We're doing that very same B2B2B2B next year ( ultimately ending up in Sydney....) and we were dreading having to debark,luggage and all, and shuttle all the way accross TJ and down to Ensenada,,,,,if it's just two bodies and a bit of acrryons, defenitely easier....

Cheers

:)

I think you mean Georgia Strait->Juan de Fuca->Puget Sound, not Johnston, which is a few hundred miles further north...

Either way, it's about a 110 mile journey, and will take 6-7 hours for the ship. to relocate to Seattle

:eek: My bad..... You're right.

I ought to know better.

Falls under the category of '' OOOOPS"...

Or is it ''SM''....?

Cheers

;)

We have the opposite problem. Infinity disembarks passengers in Seattle on September 19 and then embarks passengers for a 14 night cruise in Vancouver on the same day. The ship is scheduled to leave Vancouver at 11:59 pm. We will be flying from Los Angeles to board the ship in Vancouver. Perhaps custom air scheduled to arrive at Vancouver after 3 pm would be best for us.

:) Hi Carol, You're spot on !! You can actually schedule a flight landing approx 2.00pm....By the time you're done with the shuttling, they'll be starting checkin process.

Did you join the roll-call ?

We're on this cruise, 4 of us.

We're planning on hitting the port about 4.00-ish, drop the bags with longshoremen, checkin, check our ''carry-on'' with Celebrity, get our boarding card, then take the elevator up to the Pacifica lounge upstairs to watch all the action: 3 ships due out appox 5.15pm...then Infinity arriving approx 6.00pm-ish, then...slowly get back downstairs and be ready when they start shuffling us on board. ( got to retreive the checked''carry-ons'' before 9.00pm)

Cheers

:D

Because of the problems with our last cruise we are mostly credited for this cruise. Hearing how they are handling the "2pm embarkation" lie :( makes me think that this cruise will also be having some upfront customer service problems. Will Celebrity do something to improve the bad first impression boarding process or will they just let the passengers grin & bear it? My guess it will be the "let's just pretend everything is ok." That being the case, this could very well be our last Celebrity cruise. So far we've done 5 cruises with Celebrity with 3 of them having problems and only one that was stellar (which was our first cruise with them). Have had much more consistent good service with my 5 Princess Cruises at similar pricing.

Because of the problems with our last cruise we are mostly credited for this cruise. Hearing how they are handling the "2pm embarkation" lie :( makes me think that this cruise will also be having some upfront customer service problems. Will Celebrity do something to improve the bad first impression boarding process or will they just let the passengers grin & bear it? My guess it will be the "let's just pretend everything is ok." That being the case, this could very well be our last Celebrity cruise. So far we've done 5 cruises with Celebrity with 3 of them having problems and only one that was stellar (which was our first cruise with them). Have had much more consistent good service with my 5 Princess Cruises at similar pricing.

As I said I have cancelled! Why should I pay major $ for a hard earned vacation, if I already know it will be a disaster. The Oosterdam is sailing the next day...HAL is very good I would say 2 to 3 steps above Princess, simmilar to not even better then Celebrity. The only thing I like about Celebrity is the wonderful design of the ships. We paid all together even 2K less then on Celebrity. There is still rooms available, but not much anymore.

Hi,

I contacted Celebrity via e-mail and just received a reply about the sailing on May 9th on the Infinity. Celebrity stated the boarding would begin at 7:00PM and all guests would need to be on board by 11:30PM or denied boarding. The muster drill shortly after 11:30PM. A buffet dinner will be served that evening.

Archived