55+, past cruiser discount?

HMbrink

We are getting prices for cruises with another couple. We have both cruised Princess in the past and in addition, one person in the other couple is over 55. If we are cruising and booking together through a TA will we both get the 55+ discount? Does being a "senior" really discount your fare noticeably? TIA!

If one person in the cabin is 55 or over, all people in the cabin get the discount. If available, it can be quite savings. We have gotten savings on our last 5 cruises. Our friends are sailing the week before us on a 5 day and there has been no senior discount. This cruise, our cabin has gone down $220 pp.

Good luck!

My husband is over 55, I am under. On RCCL we both got the over 55 rate based on his age. We have never gotten a senior discount on Princess. I had looked for a senior discount on Princess and didn't find it. RCCL offers them quite often on dates that are less booked.

If one person in the cabin is 55 or over, all people in the cabin get the discount. If available, it can be quite savings. We have gotten savings on our last 5 cruises. Our friends are sailing the week before us on a 5 day and there has been no senior discount. This cruise, our cabin has gone down $220 pp.

Good luck!

After reading the previous reply, I realize that I did not mention that we are sailing on RCI.

Michelle

After reading the previous reply, I realize that I did not mention that we are sailing on RCI.

Michelle

Hi,

RCI will apply the discount to the people in a cabin if one of the people qualifies for such a discount, ...... but not to other cabins if there is not at least person in them who qualifies.

Wes

RCI does have some really great discounts; a colleague of mine saved $300 pp on Radiance of the Seas 3/14/08 panama canal cruise for her husband being over 55.

You need a good TA to sift through the discounts for you... also, as far as I know, it is only the people in the same cabin who get the discount, not the whole family / group.

Hi,

RCI will apply the discount to the people in a cabin if one of the people qualifies for such a discount, ...... but not to other cabins if there is not at least person in them who qualifies.

Wes

Sometimes families split up the reservations so that there is a senior in each cabin. Not cheating . . . just being resourceful!

Sometimes families split up the reservations so that there is a senior in each cabin. Not cheating . . . just being resourceful!

Hi,

yes I do agree. When I was booking my previous cruise and we required 2 cabins that is what we have done. No rules were broken and booking was done according to RCI's requirements. There are no RCI rules that I know of, that prevent passengers from switching cabins between people that have the cabins, once 'you' on board the ship.

Wes

Archived