finding out cabin assignment

krmckee

I know there is a risk of not finding out my cabin number until embarkation date. However, I do know some people get their assignments early on - how can I find out? Does it matter whether you booked through a TA or Carnival directly?

It doesnt matter who you book with for cabin assignments. But dont expect to find out until at least final payment comes due.

--

On carnival web site you should register your cruise-- to do so make sure you are registered to use the site.. then on the top of the page look for a link that says MY PROFILE.. in there look for ADD A BOOKING # filling in the information will give you your cruise registered so when you come to carnival web page--- your cruise will be listed on the main page. It will tell you how many days til your next cruise.

Click on Cruise details will get you to the page to fill out your fun pass.

take you to the Carnival store to buy stuff.

also will show you what excursions are availble online- how much- how long and what times the excursions leave the ship

when is your cruise? i find that people that book at the last minute or book after final payment wont be assigned until the last possible moment.

I also find that if a ship is not selling well at all --which is rare-- they wont assign until the last possible moment.

If you sailing is bit away---more then likly you will see assignments soon after final payment comes due/

We booked an inside guarantee, but now my boyfriend is regretting it and wishing we had booked an OV. If we get our cabin assignment before the cruise and have an inside room (e.g., haven't lucked out with an upgrade), do you think there's any chance of asking to pay the difference for an OV?

We booked an inside guarantee, but now my boyfriend is regretting it and wishing we had booked an OV. If we get our cabin assignment before the cruise and have an inside room (e.g., haven't lucked out with an upgrade), do you think there's any chance of asking to pay the difference for an OV?

when did you book?

Ok--here is the problem with changing it after assignments are done--- all the good rooms will be gone-- booked up or given as an upgrade.

The people who paid the most will get the better upgrade.

Check the site cruiselines site-- see what th diffeence would be to upgrade to OV guarantee.

By reading these boards it would seem that almost everyone gets upgraded to the next level but most people get upgraded withinthe same category.

The only difference between an oceanview and an inside cabin is the window. (depending on what ship--an oceanview could have a sofa.)

inside cabins are extremly dark-24 hours a day.

Thanks, Serene56...

We booked on 1/31 (full amount) for a cruise on Carnival 4/13.

I think we are just going to have to be happy with what we get! Fingers crossed that we won't be above the engine or anchor, but I guess we will use ear plugs if that's the case. I'm not worried about the inside for myself - I have done it before and didn't mind it at all (though not my first choice). My BF has never cruised before and is a little worried about being claustrophobic.

I am still in grad school, so we needed to go the budget route. We paid $629pp for an IS guarantee. Then I saw it went down to $599 and called... they said they could upgrade me to 4D or give me OBC. I took the credit since I don't really care about the floor (more stairs = more calories burned/desserts I can eat!). I do care somewhat about the position since I sometimes get seasick, but all available 4D's were forwards anyways. I imagine since I took this credit we'd be even more unlikely to get an upgrade to an OV, but I felt like $30pp OBC was more of a sure thing (though the only other time I have booked an inside guarr I was upgraded to a room with 2 portholes on NCL).

Anyways, it looks like $719pp for OV guarr or $749 for 6B (past guest)...

Thanks, Serene56...

We booked on 1/31 (full amount) for a cruise on Carnival 4/13.

I think we are just going to have to be happy with what we get! Fingers crossed that we won't be above the engine or anchor, but I guess we will use ear plugs if that's the case. I'm not worried about the inside for myself - I have done it before and didn't mind it at all (though not my first choice). My BF has never cruised before and is a little worried about being claustrophobic.

I am still in grad school, so we needed to go the budget route. We paid $629pp for an IS guarantee. Then I saw it went down to $599 and called... they said they could upgrade me to 4D or give me OBC. I took the credit since I don't really care about the floor (more stairs = more calories burned & more desserts I can eat!:D). I do care somewhat about the position since I sometimes get seasick, but all available 4D's were forwards anyways. I imagine since I took this credit we'd be even more unlikely to get an upgrade to an OV, but I felt like $30pp OBC was more of a sure thing (though the only other time I have booked an inside guarr I was upgraded to a room with 2 portholes on NCL).

Anyways, it looks like $719pp for OV guarr or $749 for 6B (past guest)...

when you are looking online for availability it will only show 5-9 cabins. doesnt mean there isnt more available.

I dont know if I would like a front cabin. Had friends in a ov across the front and they were fine.

We did 5 to an inside cabin and if i needed to save money it would be the way to go for us too. Your BF will be fine- SInce it is his first cruise tell him he wont be in the cabin except to sleep and shower. TOo much is going on around the ship. Lots of people dont cruise because they think its too confining etc.

when is your cruise? i find that people that book at the last minute or book after final payment wont be assigned until the last possible moment.

I also find that if a ship is not selling well at all --which is rare-- they wont assign until the last possible moment.

If you sailing is bit away---more then likly you will see assignments soon after final payment comes due/

Our crusie is May 25th. It's Memorial Day so I expect it to sell well. Carnival final payment due I believe is coming up early March. Thanks for your input.

Our crusie is May 25th. It's Memorial Day so I expect it to sell well. Carnival final payment due I believe is coming up early March. Thanks for your input.

I hope you are watching the website for price decreases too.

Archived