Captain's Club Cruise History: Data Accuracy?

C 2 C

Has anyone checked the accuracy of their cruise history according to Captain's Club record keeping?

When we started cruising in the early 90's we never bothered to keep invoices and statements let alone exact sailing dates and stateroom numbers. When I noticed a discrepancy with my tally and that of Celebrity I found that early back to back cruises were not counted separately and that several longer cruises over 12 days were only given one credit.

Celebrity has now started to update my early cruise history but only when I can name the ship, sail date, duration and booking number. Some sailings are still listed by Celebrity as dates that a credit is given but without any details.

Has anyone had experience with finding old cruising records online that these sailings can be checked as to when a ship was where?

The very simple answer to your question is

YES!!!!!

It was actually a nightmare. However, I went through old photos of the welcome shot they take as you baord the ship. It was the best proof, the ships name, date and what cruise were listed in the picture. I did have some tickets. But we too went back to 1991 on the Meridan.

Email and faxes and several phone calls and poof it was completed. They were never so willing to change our status.

The lesson here is get a photo as you board the ship and check you ticket of course check often to make sure everything is up to date.

Greatam-the one benefit we really appreciated was Custom Air just for being Captain's Club members. Otherwise we would have had to fly round trip for our recent Aust/NZ cruise from Columbus or Cincy, over 90 min. away. Instead we were able to fly from Dayton, 15 min from our house.

This season with Mercury I call the "guinea pig" season. As soon as X saw how well received it was they switched to Millenium for next season--and upped the charges about double. :eek:

We should become Elite now with this last cruise. As an above poster said mistakes are sometimes made. We cruised with friends who have less cruises than we do and were upped to a higher level on RCCL and subsequently X.

lovely12no - The details are on the Celebrity Captain' Club Site

Classic = 1 - 5 Credits

Select = 6 - 10 Credits

Elite = 11 +

The Cruise Crredits are not counted until after the cruise ends. So if you have 4 Credits and take a 14 Day cruise in a Suite - you are not accorded the "Select" level until your next cruise.

I appreciate your feedback on this. We do like Celebrity and haven't really experienced many negatives. I am of the opinion that cruises are a fabulous way to vacation for the money...and Celebrity - as we have experienced this line - has gifted us with wonderful memories and great food! :O)

Archived