Help with Legend / Western Caribbean shore excursions

krmckee

Hi we just booked the Legend for this May (Western Caribbean itinerary) -specifically Cayman Is., Cozumel, Roatan, Belize. I'm going through some of the port of call threads but in particular I'm looking for opinions on what is a must see/must do.

To anyone who has sailed this cruise or similar itinerary:

1)What are the best spots for snorkeling - shore/beach vs. offshore/catamaran tour?

2)What are the best beaches for crystal clear water and a day of relaxation?

3)Any thoughts on which port is best for the Dolphin encounter? Pet vs. swim with the dolphin?

4)Also opinions/reccomendations on cave tubing and zip lining would be great. Belize vs. Roatan?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

I've been on the Legend a couple times and liked it a lot. Especially the covered pool area in the back of the ship. Very relaxing. As far as excursions, I can't recommend Stingray City on Grand Cayman too much. It that isn't my favorite excursion I don't know what is. AN amazing animal. I've also done the cave tubing on Belize and I would do that again. It's a bit of a ride to get there but you do get to see the countryside. Being that far away I would consider using the ships tour for that in case there is a problem getting back. As far as Cozumel, the last time I was there I went to a park called ( think I have this right) Chankanaab. Nice beach, scenery and animal attractions. They used to have a website so you can probably look that up under Cozumel. It was like $16 I believe and well worth it. Not too far from the ship too. A short cab ride. The only dolphin encounter I've done was on Nassau so I can't help there.

you definitly will get some great info if you check out the forums specifically created for each port your going to. Just goto the main boards and scroll down. Look for Ports of call. Were sailing the western too and are looking for some reccomendations. There is a lot of info, Hope you have a great time

Thanks for the replies. I am reading the ports of call threads and I agree they are very informative. The only thing is that each thread is so specific on each subject so for example, they'll have a thread on zipling on the Belize as well as the Roatan board - but for those who have done both which is best? Same goes for snorkeling which island is best for that?

Archived