Cabin booking question

drumboytko

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and have a question about a situation that arose after I booked my cruise, wondering if some members here might have insight on the question I have.

My situation is this: I am 21 and for christmas this past year I booked a 5 day cruise on the inspiration for my family. My family has never had a vacation, I do not recall us ever traveling growing up, so we have never had any true vacation memories together. This all is because of the fact that my Mom is terrified of flying (luckily I finally convinced her to go). So I worked my butt off for a year and a half saving up all my extra money, and surprised them on Christmas with tickets for the cruise as well as a 6 day stay after the cruise in Florida, where we will visit Kennedy Space Center and go to Universal Studios etc. (we rented a house for the 6 days). This will be my 2nd carnival cruise ever (went with friends before).

Now here is the issue, My brother, my 2 parents, my girlfriend and myself are all going. In order to book the rooms I had to put my father and I in one cabin, and my girlfriend (who has her 20th bday on the ship during the cruise), my brother (17) and my Mom in the other cabin. My mom said she didnt care, but I know she is disappointed with the fact she cannot share the cabin with my father. My girlfriend's mom, who is a frequent carnival cruiser (over 15 cruises) says that I shouldn't worry and that we should just let my parents stay in their own cabin, even though on paper it says that my father and I have one room, and the rest have the other.

I don't know what to do, personally I would like to stay in the room with my father to just avoid any trouble, I know and understand Carnival's age policy now after booking, before that I didn't realize the rule. Even though I disagree with the policy as norwegian has an 18+ rule, I understand the rule for what it is, and understand how importantly Carnival looks at it.

My question is, do you think I would get in trouble if I let my parents have their own room on the cruise even though on paper it says otherwise? I don't want to get kicked off the ship as that would be a horrible way to mess up ones vacation. Has anyone ever slept in a different room other than which they were booked on a cruise (even for one night) and did you get in trouble?

I just want to do the right thing and have a great time with my family and girlfriend on our dream vacation! (we fly out a week from Friday. We leave the 22nd!!)

Thanks so much,

Josh

Let me start by welcoming you to Cruise Critic. You will find so much GREAT information here. Send your family here also. If they don't have time to spend on the site you can send them to my website - www.seauonboard.com. It's a condensed site with the highlights and will make then comfortable with the whole cruise process.

Let me add - What a nice gesture of you to do this for your family. I hope they appreciate it.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Let me start by welcoming you to Cruise Critic. You will find so much GREAT information here. Send your family here also. If they don't have time to spend on the site you can send them to my website - www.seauonboard.com. It's a condensed site with the highlights and will make then comfortable with the whole cruise process.

Let me add - What a nice gesture of you to do this for your family. I hope they appreciate it.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Do you mind if I link your page at my site?

First off, You sound like a really good kid. Your parents must be very proud of you. We get connecting cabins and our 12 & 14 year olds own names are on the other cabin. I know people change all the time and I wouldn't worry about it. I think Carnival says it is OK as long as your parents are in a cabin real close to yours.

If you can switch the rooms at the pursars desk after you board and have 2 underage people in it then why can't you just book it that way? I'm new to the cruising thing and am not aiming at starting anything. I'm just curious. Do the pursars desk people have more say then a carnival rep?

If you can switch the rooms at the pursars desk after you board and have 2 underage people in it then why can't you just book it that way? I'm new to the cruising thing and am not aiming at starting anything. I'm just curious. Do the pursars desk people have more say then a carnival rep?

Guidelines prevent them form booking it certain ways, but it is VERY common to change at the pursers desk....it's no big deal to them.

Lets say you and your spouse cruise Carnival......you both become past guest. A year later you want to cruise again with friends who are newbies. Some (I don't want to say all) Carnival PVP's will suggest to split you and your other between the 2 cabins so that both cabins qualify for a past guest special. You would be booked with 1 from the other couple. Once you get on board...you switch.

On one of my cruises I took a friend for my daughter. I booked two rooms as my mother was also going. Since both were under 21 one had to be booked with me and one with my mom. They were just across the hall. I went to the pursers desk and asked for an extra card for each room so everyone would have access. They had no problem with it. My daughter and friend stayed together. We had no problem at all.

Archived