Tours for a Cruise Passenger in the Southern Caribbean

StarTrkGeek

My wife and I will be leaving for the Southern Caribbean on Celebrity's Galaxy ship on April 7. We would like to take tours of Grenada, Barbados, Dominica, and St Lucia. The ship's excursions are much too expensive. Can anyone recommend a good, reliable tour company on each of those islands?

My wife and I will be leaving for the Southern Caribbean on Celebrity's Galaxy ship on April 7. We would like to take tours of Grenada, Barbados, Dominica, and St Lucia. The ship's excursions are much too expensive. Can anyone recommend a good, reliable tour company on each of those islands?

Hi there! You'll love all of those islands!

You can click on my Amsterdam review in my sig for Grenada, Barbados and St. Lucia.

You can click on my Volendam review in my sig for Dominica!

Have a blast. :)

We recently sailed on Norwegian Gem Jan. 26 and Grenada was one of our ports. We also do not care to pay the long prices of the cruise line for tours when it can be done on your own. We searched the internet for advertising and found A and E Tours to offer what we wanted at a fair price. We agreed from home on $35 for about 4 hours. We found two more guests willing to take the tour, so we actually got a discount and all 6 of us paid $30 each. Our driver was Eddie Bailey and he was very agreeable. We saw many natural sights of the island, as he described the agriculture, the ravages of the hurricane, the school system, etc. We stopped at Annandale Falls, a spice processing plant, Grand Etang Lake, a rum distillery, Fort Frederick, and Grand Anse Beach. At each stop, we had time to get out and enjoy the sights, walk a little, take pictures, and even had about 45 minutes on the beach, as all 6 of us agreed. He even provided a soft drink and snack while we were at the lake. We had a longer tour than planned and returned to town about 3:00, six hours altogether. I would recommend this company very highly. aandetours@spiceisle.com

I going to recommend A and E Tours. We got royal treatment with Eddie. It looks like Mandoo and Eddie are the main guys on the island and you can't go wrong with either of them. We stopped at Annandale Falls, a spice processing plant, Grand Etang Lake, Grenville, and spent about 3 hours lounging around and swimming and sunbathing at La Sagesse Beach while he and his assistant Michael waited. Both Eddie and Micheal were experts on different subjects and it was relaxing and educational without being boring. We paid $40 or $45 for an 8 hour day (I think it was $45 with a built-in gratuity I did for the CC Roll Call group of 10).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived