Holiday Inn-West Bank ?

cvanhorn

I booked a Park & Cruise package at the Holiday Inn West Bank for Dec 29th due to the free parking. We are going on RiverBarge Excursions from the 30th-10th so the other packages with 7 days free wouldn't work. Has anyone stayed at this hotel? Anyone know what the cab rate to the pier would be? (like a dummy, I forgot to ask the clerk when I made the reservation, although I did ask about a shuttle and they don't have one to the pier, only to the ferry). Anyone gone on a RiverBarge Excursions cruise out of NO?

Thanks, Cliff

I've never stayed there but I pass it all the time. It is a pretty typical Holiday Inn: nothing fancy, but it should be fine for an overnight stay.

I would guess that a cab ride to the terminal would be about $15.00.

I've talked to people on the RiverBarge, and they seemed to be very happy with the experience. Very laid back, without all the usual cruise ship activities.

Thanks jgmpuma for the info. Sounds like you are a local. If so, would you check with a cab company or just call that Holiday Inn West Bank and ask what the taxi fare is?

I'm cheap and hate to spend the money on the long distance call. :) Also, how are the New Years Eve fireworks on the waterfront? Thanks!

And I thought I was cheap.

Anyway, to save you the dollar or whatever it would have cost, I called Westbank-Marrero Cab Company (368-3300). They said the fare would be $16, regardless of the number of passengers, so I was pretty close. They will probably add the $1.00 bridge toll.

The fireworks are spectacular, but they charge you to watch them. Just kidding.

Thanks!! I am "cheap" on some things like long distance calls, but do tip in restaurants, cabs, cruises, etc. Actually, we are paying about $1000 for the two of us to watch those fireworks from the deck of the River Explorer. :)

Again, Thanks

Archived