Book cruise with TA or on the cruise??

arcone

My brother has planned a cruise on Conquest in Feb / 2005 out of New Orleans, for our parents 60th wedding anniversary. Family and friends has been invited to go. I want to go, first I need to get time off work confirmed. Then I have several choices which is where I need your advise, In order to accomphlish this I need this to be a budget cruise. Room location is not as important as just being on the ship.

Choices Book this cruise through my brother TA, there are no additional ammenties for this cruise. I was told it depends on how many are in our group.

or

Search the internet for a least expensive cruise than the group quote

or

We will be on a cruise Nov 1 with Carnival. I could wait and see if there any special for booking another cruise with Carnival while on the cruise ship

or

Your suggestions of avenues that I have not thought of.

Thank you in advance for your advice

I've always found better cruise prices booking through a TA rather than Carnival. If you're a member of a warehouse club, try their travel service. That's how I booked my last two cruises. They beat Carnival's prices by almost $200 per person since they give the cruise at a reduced rate plus the club discount.

CactusCruise:

When you say "warehouse club", do you mean Sam's warehouse? Probably a dumb question but first time I have heard of that. We have been booking directly with Carnival, with mixed feelings about the benefit of that. We just got off the Conquest 2 weeks ago (great, great trip!) -- we all (6 couples) booked through Carnival--went mostly well. In the past, when we booked directly with Commodore (the only other line we sailed before she went under--we still miss her so)--the personal attention and perks were much greater. But it was a smaller line so attention to detail was more readily available. We have sailed 13 times--9 with Commodore and 5 with Carnival--really have thought of trying through a TA next time. Tell me more about this warehouse club membership.....

Surf, surf, surf. Research as much as you can for a week or so and then come back here and ask again. The folks here will be glad to give you feedback.

Their experiences with TA's and Carnival will be benefical for you.

Personally my TA's price is very close the Carnival's best price but the main difference is I have a very good relationship with my TA. There's been some changes recently with the cruise lines but again folks here will help.

Archived